WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast
Northeast Tennessee

Hails from United States
Re: Hi Lurkers

Yes, welcome indeed, TC! Just post and let us in on what you do.

I am made in God's image so I create.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Hi back to you, DrDebby: I just saw in a newsletter that WC even had this forum. Fantastic. The women in my family, back to the great grandmother I cherished and beyond, spent most evenings gathered in the evenings with their "needlework". I picked up the sewing, embroidery, needlepoint, crewel (sp?)and crochet and I made my kids' sweaters and me some jackets, as well as far too many aphgans and house slippers, but I could never get the hang of knitting or tatting. I only wish I could pass on the skills I learned from my family but neither my daughter nor granddaughters feel any need to spend their time making things that can be bought - or that I will make for them if asked. I'll be back!
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Welcome TX Rose. I see you found us. Come over to the chat thread Stitch in Time where we hang out. Or start a new thread with something you've made. Lot's to do. Oh, check out the challenge this month too.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Janet, so glad you dropped in and left a hello. Yes, I think Fiber Arts has come as a pleasant surprise to many old time Wet Canvasers. Lots of room here of a cyber evening to sit in good company with needlework! And I LOVE the quote in your signature line.

Jen
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Spokane Washington

Hails from United States

Ok so I am an official lurker. I love to watercolor, but when I go to the art room and make something of fabric, I tend to have much more success! It is very rewarding to go there and come out in a few hours with something in my hand to say "look look" with to my husband! Lets see, I will try to post a photo of my last hat and purse set. See if I can manage an attachment... jill
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Jill, this is great! Terrific fabric, and I like the shape of the bag. Welcome to our little corner of Wet Canvas.

Jen
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Welcome Jill. That's a fabulous duo. Come join us in the "Stitch in Time" thread. We don't bite, honest. Or be brave and start your very own thread. We love to look at all the wonderful things people come up with using all kinds of fiber products as a base.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
A Local Legend
Charleston South Carolina

Hails from United States

Jill, you managed well and your set is lovely! Welcome! Janet, Welcome to you as well! I love your quote!

My Blog!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Thanks for the welcomes....Just a thought for any of you crocheters and knitters looking for a project. Most hospitals who have neonatal units (premature babies) need soft crocheted hats for the premies because the babies can't generate enough body heat and must have a warm covering on their little heads. You can use a tennis ball (honest!) for the size. They go so quick, I can usually knock one out while watching a movie on TV - and the hospitals really appreciate it. It is also a good feeling to look into the premie unit and see your hats protecting all those tiny heads. (Tip: Cover only half the tennis ball and then make a roll back so you can get it off the ball when you're finished and so it will fit all sizes. Be sure to use baby yarn.)
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
A Local Legend
Charleston South Carolina

Hails from United States

Thanks for the suggestion Janet!

My Blog!
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA

Hails from United States

Hi, I've been lurking for awhile in this forum and I thought I would share my recent project.

I've recently started back sewing after a 30+ year break. I've been back sewing now for only 7 months and absolutely love it. I still draw and paint some but my main love is now sewing. I like to make simple dolls, clothes for my granddaughter and am trying my hand at some art quilties. I also crochet and embroidery.

I've been teaching myself how to quilt and this is a picture of my first quilt. It's about the size of a baby quilt. My beagle got my first experiment with quiliting because ...she doesn't seem to mind any of the mistakes I made She just wish I would stop taking pictures and let her get her Sunday afternoon nap done!

Blog: http://angiesarthouse.blogspot.com
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Welcome out of lurkdom. The quilt looks snugly warm. Like the chipmonk sitting on the dog. Very cute picture.

Feel free to start your own thread or threads with your projects to show us what you are up to.

And stop by the Stitch to chat and let us get to know you. Always a delight to get someone out of lurking and to actually posting.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Great to see you, your quilt and the puppy too. Hope you will join in on some of the other thread on fiber arts. We love pictures and whether you are new at something or not, doesn't matter, we like to see it all.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Sheffield, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Well, I'm not sure if I qualify as a lurker as it's simply been ages since I logged in to WC, but you can see my textiles/embroideries on the top one of the 2 blog links in my sig line. There are some gallery pages there too.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2011, 05:26 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Hi Elisabeth.

Wouldn't mind you starting your own thread to show us what you are up to.

Also, stop by the Stitch this month and chat with us a bit.