WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > WIPs (Works In Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
A Local Legend
Sunny California

Hails from United States
Re: knockonafrin landscape Wip FINISHED!

Sigh! This is absolutely gorgeous!

binkie
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Lord of the Arts
Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Thank you for your kind comments Ann and Binkie.
Well this is the frame I choose for Knockonafrin. It was taken at the exhibition and there were lots of lights so please excuse the reflections. The glass (or 2) of wine I drank did not help with me taking the photgraph either.
But I had fun
mary Brigid

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 PM
A Local Legend
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

'tis absolutely gorgeous framed too !! ... and after viewing the link to a photo of the scene that was posted in a previous post to this thread i must say what a beautiful location it is and what a marvelous rendition you painted !! ... well done, mary brigid !! ...

#64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 05:48 AM
A WC! Legend
Jasper, TN (in the mountains west of Chattanooga)

Hails from United States

LOL...I'm glad you had a great time Mary! The painting looks beautiful in its frame!

Paula
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Lord of the Arts
NSW Australia

Hails from Australia

WOW Mary, what a wonderful painting you have done, it just looks fantastic in its frame, im very impressed, your very talented. Well done..

"Art is a passion or it is nothing ~Robert Fry
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ireland

Hails from Ireland

*Violet* Thank you. It is a beautiful place Violet. Glad you like the frame..

Paula I sure did have a good time I am not sure of the colour of the mount Paula. It is a very rich cream and on seeing it I think an ivory coloured mound would be better...... The standard at the exhibition is high so I doubt if it will sell. Then when I take it home I can change the mount.

Nicky how kind of you to say that I am talented. I really don't feel that I am at all. But your comments are very much appricated. Thank you

Mary Brigid
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM
A WC! Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Mary Brigid! It is wonderful! Oooooo, the slight sense of vertigo as the road dips fairly steeply. Beautiful landscape!

Charlie's Site/Blog
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
A WC! Legend
Harstad, Norway

Hails from Norway

Wonderful finish, Mary!! Been interesting to look over your shoulder on this - I can assure you I'm picking up a lot from you! It's interesting to see how you work bit by bit instead of working the whole painting. Thank you for sharing!

Merethe

My Website My blog
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Lord of the Arts
Germany Saxony Leipzig

Hails from Germany

Beautiful landscape! I am very impressed. Would be there. Your painting is fabulous.
Regards
Rudi
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Charlie : Thank you. I am an admirer of your work and I am very pleased that you liked mine

Merethe: I am flattered to think that you could pick up any tips from me. Thank you. I have been told That I go against all the rules the way I paint..

Rudi; Thank you. And it really is a beautiful place. Where I live is very pretty. I am lucky to be here.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Lord of the Arts
Wales

Hails from United Kingdom

Oh WOW mary!!!!!!! beautiful,really beautiful finish
I want to walk down that path,what beautiful views,stunning really stunning!!

Veronica
http://veronicasart.blogspot.com/
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
Carson City

Hails from United States

OK Mary....

I really love this scene, and especially I love your interpretation of this scene.

I think it was a smart idea for you to "rush" through this one. Your prior style pays so much attention to controlling detail and this painting shows growth to me. With this painting you were able to release some of that control of detail, and let loose and flow with the spirit of the painting. I bless Violet for purchasing those Pans for you and mailing them to you to help defray the cost of shipping, because they are allowing you to loosen up. Don't get me wrong, I marvel at your attention to detail which is why this painting is so marvelous, the best of both!

I would really enjoy watching what you could do with Deborah Secors Fast and Loose Challenge 10 in 30 minutes. (I just spent 1 hour searching for that thread she started in the Pastel Talk forum, it's not here, not there and not in the library- what gives?) But Mary, You don't need that thread, simple challenge 10 paintings in 30 minutes-work small. You can use the same subject which I found helpful.

I am so glad you are back in the dust!

Carol
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
A Local Legend
Severn, MD

Hails from United States

Mary, I would love to come there to paint!! My father's family is from Ireland (Kilpatricks) and it would be wonderful to visit!!!

The finish is gorgous in the frame, and don't sell yourself short!! It could sell very easily!
Tressa
"We derive more benefit from having our faults pointed out by our enemies than from hearing the opinions of friends." (Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519)
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Lord of the Arts
Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Veronic: Thank you for your comments once again. You are always so supportive and I appriciate it very much

Carol: I am so happy that you like my interpetation of knockonafrin.
Yes, your right Carol the pan pastels (and yes, each day I bless Violet for enabeling me to get them ) have helped me to flow when painting a little more. . As for my Rush... ! I ended up at it untill 3 in the morning so I think I went over my deadline
As you know I am a huge fan of Deborah's also. I have actually paintied 10 small ones in 30 mins and I enjoyed doing so....
But when I fall in love with a scene so much that I want to try and paint it........those little details that strike me just always have to go in there... They are like honey to the bee for me
Thank you for your kind comments as always Carol.

Tres: Glad you like the frame.... And you would love Ireland. Painting on the west coast is super. The light is wonderful and Tres, you expecially, would love the skies. ..... And Thank You for the Faith in me..
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcricket
I would really enjoy watching what you could do with Deborah Secors Fast and Loose Challenge 10 in 30 minutes. (I just spent 1 hour searching for that thread she started in the Pastel Talk forum, it's not here, not there and not in the library- what gives?)

Carol, that means the moderators have moved it and it's not on the shelf in the library yet. Just PM Kat or Kate and ask if they'll move it where you can get to it!

Deborah
Gouache Blog