WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > WIPs (Works In Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Lord of the Arts
Oegstgeest

Hails from Netherlands
Re: Egg Falls WIP

Will be watching . What a great subject. Could you show the different stages of one of the eggs? Or am I asking to much here. I am still struggling with three eggs. About to give up on that painting.
Anyway thanks a lot for doing a wip.

My website: www.marinabuis.nl
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast
Marietta, Georgia

What a fun subject! I am so glad to see one of your WIPs and this one is sure to be great!
Thanks!!!
Karen
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

What Karen said. Fun.
Will check back.
Jo
Winston Churchill
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Veteran Member
The Great Plains of Colorado

Hails from United States

Dianna!!

My goodness it has been a long time. I don't know eggxactly how long. But it seems that way. You have been sooo busy. Delighted to find you here, and will be lurking and learning. There is 6" of snow on the ground here and the temperature is heading for -2°... Time for some studio time!! And for some serious hot chocolate!

To visit FortMeyerEditions.com

Lost is our heritage but for our vision.

This artwork is protected by copyright. Any reproduction, modification, publication, transmission, transfer, or exploitation of any of the Content or Service, whether in whole or in part, without the express written permission of Judith Angell Meyer is prohibited. All rights reserved. Thank you.©
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 04:34 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
British Columbia, Canada - in the beautiful Fraser Valley

Hails from Canada

Hi Marina...of course I can do an egg for you. I have finished the ones on this segment so will work on one in another. Thanks for letting me know what you would prefer to see posted here.

Karen and Jo....nice to see you dropping by and thanks for the grand accolades.

Judy....Hi kiddo!! Well at last we have you beat. It's been eggxactly 13 below and at least two feet of snow. Unusual for us in the Pacific northwest or I would never brag about it. I love it but it does put a damper on my getting out now that I really have to.

Well here is a little more. The frame hasn't arrived and I don't want to get too far into it until it does in the event that I want to adjust the colours.

Cheers, Dianna
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Lord of the Arts
Oegstgeest

Hails from Netherlands

Those eggs look perfect, Dianna. (the material as well of course). How do you do it? I have been working quite a bit again this evening on "my" eggs. I just cannot get the shape into them. I am probably too critical but that is me. Anyway, I love what you are doing.

My website: www.marinabuis.nl
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

wow...this is eggxtradinary....had to jump in the egg carton with that one.....love the folds of material...
piper
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
On a ranch in Texas-Finally

Hails from United States

INCREDIBLE! I just love the way you paint satin....
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
The Great Plains of Colorado

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponting
Judy....Hi kiddo!! Well at last we have you beat. It's been eggxactly 13 below and at least two feet of snow. Unusual for us in the Pacific northwest or I would never brag about it. I love it but it does put a damper on my getting out now that I really have to.

Well here is a little more. The frame hasn't arrived and I don't want to get too far into it until it does in the event that I want to adjust the colours.

Cheers, Dianna
You got me beat with the snow. Our 6" was correct, but my little home thermometer was wrong. Our low last night was the coldest in the state of Colorado. -18° ... And that is the last time I ever want to have to say that! Your 2' of snow must be gorgeous though, just gorgeous!

Your painting is going beautifully. I just love eggs. Have done them several times, and taught with them more than once too. They are so sensuous. Will keep on watching and admiring.

To visit FortMeyerEditions.com

Lost is our heritage but for our vision.

This artwork is protected by copyright. Any reproduction, modification, publication, transmission, transfer, or exploitation of any of the Content or Service, whether in whole or in part, without the express written permission of Judith Angell Meyer is prohibited. All rights reserved. Thank you.©
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Saugerties, NY USA

Hails from United States

Another beautiful work in progress! I LOVE this so far, I learn alot from seeing you in action!
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2006, 02:09 AM
A Local Legend
Sunny California

Hails from United States

Absolutely stunning!!

binkie
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
New Hampshire

Hails from United States

WOW! The affect that you have achieved on the satin is fantastic. Can't wait to see more.
Cathleen
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

COOOOL! This is the first WIP of yours that I've caught and I will be sure to watch it EVERY step of the way. Ya know, since you don't do workshops down in the South, have you ever considered doing videos demonstrations of some of the classes you teach? I know I for one would hastily purchase one since I can't travel to where you do your workshops. Set up a decent digital video recorder on a tripod and burn them to CDs or DVDs (shoot, some even record straight to DVD now...hint hint)...not expensive to do and labels are inexpensive too. I wouldn't care how fancy labels are anything are so long as I can watch you work.

Can't wait to see this finished. Now off to look through the threads you've started in search of other possible WIPs!

Ronda
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Immortalized
Arizona

Hails from United States

Ah well, what do we expect, of course this is too gorgeous. Maybe I should have requested satin and eggs instead of lace and glass in our workshop Dianna. I've been wondering what kind of weather you were getting. We got down to 10* last night but it's in the 60s during the day. No now yet, or even the much needed rain.
TJ

art at http://www.trilbyarnold.com art is in all of nature. It is for the artist to uncover and reveal it.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2006, 02:45 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
British Columbia, Canada - in the beautiful Fraser Valley

Hails from Canada

Hi Marina…I find the hardest scenario for painting eggs in pastel is having to do the background first. The eggs at the top of the falls are done before the background which leaves me lots of leeway to blend with the dark background going in later allowing me to shape the final product. The poor devil who’s falling had to be done last and though we all know eggs come in many shapes and sizes, I would have preferred him to have been a little wider on the right however, I considered myself lucky to have gotten away without too much fuss as it is so left it alone. I’ll be sure to take close-ups of the last egg for you.

Piper…how nice to see you here….how eggxactly like you to join in the fray.

And alas Kelly…..the egg turned brown while I was doing it.

Judy….too cold for me. I don’t know what it is about eggs…perhaps as you say, they are sensuous because they a sure-fire seller in every show.

Karen, Binkie and Cathleen…thanks so much for sticking around to watch the show. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Rhonda…you’re mistaken….I’m a real tramp….I go anywhere for money. You’re not the first to ask for a DVD and I’m considering it…stay tuned!!

Trilby….how great to see you here too. Now don’t you and Judy start pushing and shoving as usual. There’s lot of room. Thanks so much for the letter and my daughter and her husband …being ‘quaders’ were really impressed with your CD’s and the country in Arizona. They are planning to vamp their holidays around various rides…Perhaps they will even get down your way one day. I will be answering your letter but it deserves more than just a 10 minute reply and I’m still searching for the half hour or so.

Well here is the right side of the satin falls. (I haven’t decided if this is satin or sateen. I’m trying to recollect from one of my past lives when I sewed whether sateen was the softer of the two fabrics. This is very soft and pliable).

And here is the whole falls. Now for the pool at the bottom……..

Cheers, Dianna