WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States
Re: Summer Day portrait commission WIP

We have a swing!! Ropes are next..
Attached Images

#47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:37 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

I feel like I should get a cigar with every announcement lol! Love the enthusiasm, love the pic...and the popsicle is fab!!!

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Something was bugging me, I had virtually no shadow on her dress where it met the swing...fixed it..much better! Excuse the tree shadows from where I snapped the picture outside...my picture spot is getting shaded somewhat!
Attached Images

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:52 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United Kingdom

amazing.....how many times can I say this. You are a master in your art.
Love how the skin shows a bit 'blotchy' as pale kids' skin does look when they are a bit chilly. Might the skin be a touch too red?

Fantastic work.......even if these were not my kids, I'd hang it on the wall....just to get inspired!!
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by soap
amazing.....how many times can I say this. You are a master in your art.
Love how the skin shows a bit 'blotchy' as pale kids' skin does look when they are a bit chilly. Might the skin be a touch too red?

Fantastic work.......even if these were not my kids, I'd hang it on the wall....just to get inspired!!

Thanks, once again!!
I hope that by the time I put in the background, the reds will be toned down. I love for the skin to look transparent, as if you can feel the warmth of their skin in the sun....thats sort of what i'm going for. In person, it is not exactly the colors that show up on the screen, but as close as I can get. Also, with the coloration differences of peoples monitors, it also will alter the exact color. My mom's monitor is very dark, so every one of my paintings appear even darker to her than I usually do anyway! She always comments about how some detail she can't make out because of the darkness of her monitor. Mine is lighter. As I said, lets hope when it comes together, it all of the colors play well off of each other.

Thanks again!!

Monique
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

WOW! _Joel

#52   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:01 AM
A Local Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoop
WOW! _Joel

indeed! LOL!!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoop
WOW! _Joel
You guys need to get together and start your own cheering section! You have got to be the best cheerleaders, male and female alike, that I have ever seen! lol to you for YOUR enthusiasm! you guys lift me up and make me excited about sharing...(which, by the way, makes me whip these things out even faster, lol....making me money in a shorter amount of time!)I am really trying to get as much done on this day, before carpool, as I can. I am going to be showing it to a lady at school who wants me to immediately start on atleast a full sheet of her three boys, full body, for her husband in March!! Yikes! so soon! My dh said I should have no qualms about finishing it by March...he doesn't understand, my every two weeks housekeeper better start coming every other day if I'm going to do such a painting....my house goes to pot when I hyperfocus like this!! I eventually look up from my painting and realize that my 3 children have totally trashed the house while I was in my zone!! lol

Wish me luck on the new commission! Also, another mom wants me to start one of her three girls, full body, for June! That one is for sure. Already gotten the ok from her. The lady today is pretty much for sure too, but will clinch it this afternoon!

Monique
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:12 AM
A Local Legend

and why does a successfull and wonderful artist like you not have website where we can see all those masterpieces together?
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Weeeellllllll,,,,,,,uuuuhhhhh......

dunno..

Haven't stopped long enough to do it the way I would want it done....properly. I know I can do it, but I really don't have enough work done to show enough samples!

I'll build up to it over the next year, hopefully, if things continue, or God willing, pick up...I think that when you start getting asked to do too much, thats when you go up on your prices to weed out the "not so serious" ones...also, I'll have to look into a larger area to work...Maybe that's what I can save up this commission money for. The next two should be around $3,000 each. A little below or a little above, depending on the sizes that are decided upon.

Anyway....a web page is coming eventually, if nothing else, just one to show what little I have now, and give contact info. Thanks for the little push, though!

Monique
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 11:43 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Monique...have heard it said that a website for art should be like a gallery for art...only put up the very best, don't overcrowd them and display them to their best advantage...you could always put a page in the back to show more...so not having that many can actually be an advantage. It is a daunting task to build a site too...I've had one in the works awhile.

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Monique, I am really enjoying this thread. Your painting is wonderful! I recently put a small watercolor portrait (3 heads and shoulders framed to 11 x 14) at a local gallery and gave them a price list. I didn't know if I was being fair in my pricing (I'm just starting out with trying to get portrait commissions and the gallery owner requested me to leave it with her) but based on this I'm giving people a real good deal! Congratulations on your commissions! How do you determine your pricing -- If you have a price list could you send it to me in a PM so I can compare. I'm sure alot depends on what area of the country you are from as well. Again this is fabulous! Thanks in advance for the info, Joanne

Joanne
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi Monique, After perusing this thread I went to look at your other threads. Very nice work. Sounds like you got some lucky breaks too. That always helps. Good luck with all your commissions and gallery sales! Your talent speaks for itself!

Joanne
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
2nd Star to the Right and on until Morning.

This portrait just keeps getting better. Love how the popsicle gives an extra punch. How large is this piece Monique?
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by palette
This portrait just keeps getting better. Love how the popsicle gives an extra punch. How large is this piece Monique?

Hey there...size is 1/2 watercolor sheet...23" x 15"

Thanks so much!!

Monique