WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pen and Ink
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-11-2020, 03:04 PM
Inverness, Scotland

Hails from Scotland
Space Man

A wee drawing of the super famous shot on the moon (added the earth into the background to make it a little more interesting). Probably going to paint this (acrylic on canvas) and I do like doing a little pen and watercolour study 1st.

Pen on A5 paper with a little watercolour wash (just on the moon surface, the suit, and a little on Earth (although it's mostly blue pen).

probably took 2.5 hours from start to finish

c&c welcome

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Re: Space Man

You caught the feeling of space! Good drawing. My favorite part is the face plate shine.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2020, 11:40 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

I agree! .... the faceless face of the man on the moon!😃... and you've caught that coldness of the harsh light and strong shadow.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:13 AM
Inverness, Scotland

Hails from Scotland

Thanks for the comments guys ... yep the reflections interest me the most as well ... I might zoom in a bit when I get around to painting it. Reflections and light are what interest me most in any subject
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 07:08 AM
Lord of the Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
Thanks for the comments guys ... yep the reflections interest me the most as well ... I might zoom in a bit when I get around to painting it. Reflections and light are what interest me most in any subject
Nice one but don't zoom in if you paint it ! - I think you have caught it just right the way it is.
Nothing superfluous , I feel the psychological impact of isolation will be diminished if you crop it any tighter.
The reflections also add to the isolation feeling too,sort of .... looking one way it is the world & looking the other way vast empty space.
Kind of frighting & humbling.
Mike
PS. what do you think you could say more or better in a painting with this subject ?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM
Inverness, Scotland

Hails from Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedlars pen
Nice one but don't zoom in if you paint it ! - I think you have caught it just right the way it is.
Nothing superfluous , I feel the psychological impact of isolation will be diminished if you crop it any tighter.
The reflections also add to the isolation feeling too,sort of .... looking one way it is the world & looking the other way vast empty space.
Kind of frighting & humbling.
Mike
PS. what do you think you could say more or better in a painting with this subject ?

Thanks for your comments

deep! :-)

It's not that would or could say any more by painting the same subject ... but as part of "my process" l like to do a quick sketch and watercolour wash (taking maybe a couple of hours) ... before committing it to canvas (which can take me 40 hours+). It lets set out the composition, work with ideas, see tone etc. I don't mind throwing away paper after spending 30 mins on something ... where as if I went straight to canvas I might be 20 hours in (and wasted lots of paint) before I decide it was a bad idea/not liking it