WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2019, 08:29 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter As the Oily Rag Burns.......2020

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works...photos..or just come and chat...Everyone is welcome...!!!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 12-31-2019 at 08:33 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2020, 02:51 AM
Lord of the Arts
Helsinki

Hails from European Union
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.......2020

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2020, 05:04 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Happy 2020 to us all..!!! .. lots of creative inspiration to everyone...

and hope to pick up where I left off...as we are leaving a whole decade, noted it with a few digital collages...some of my art over 10 years, places I have been, and concerts I have seen....not esp the highlights only as many of my photos prior to 2014 are not yet on my Mac, still transferring those, so some places and events are left out...but still in my heart..( and soon on my Mac!)

Name:  BeFunky-collage resize.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  236.8 KB

Name:  BeFunky-collage 3.resizejpg.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  214.4 KB

Name:  BeFunky-collage 5-2 resize.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  210.4 KB

And of course has had it challenges too...but such is life.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Lord of the Arts
With my pets >'.'<

Hails from United States

Happy New Year 2020 to all! Interesting collage Becca!
Here is mine.

https://www.facebook.com/OilPaintingsofCatDreams/posts/
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2020, 06:51 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

FD, thanks for sharing...some dramatic works....have a great 2020
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 01:44 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

Becca, Mosc, Floating Dove, and all, wishing you the best in the New Year and New Decade.

Becca, what nice memories.
Mosc, is that a fire inside of a circle of snowballs???
Floating Dove, lovely paintings, indeed dramatic.

Doesn't "2020" sound funny?

For me, 2019 went out with a bang, as I sold four out of five paintings I submitted to a small works holiday exhibit. I was walking on air!

Happy painting to all!

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 01-02-2020 at 01:52 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 04:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Helsinki

Annie, happy painting back to you & Pearl as a studio assistant! How is she doing? Yes your right, 2020 sounds and looks funny. Congratulations for the sales of 2019. I typically had none so in my point of view that is huge amount! Am very happy for you! Wishing you many sales in 2020! The snowballs are in my garden and photo taken several winters ago because we haven't had any snow yet. The ground is dark. There's a candle inside those snowballs.
Becca, nice collections! I got inspired to do one too after seeing yours but haven't been able to finish yet because there are so many paintings where to select. Besides I don't think I'll be able to finish it because there are just too any things happening atm.
Floating, wonderful collection!

Last edited by moscatel : 01-02-2020 at 04:23 AM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 06:33 AM

"2020" is worse than you may think. Many companies (mine, partners) give names to products or projects as last two digits of the year, plus two digits for month or quarter of the planned finish. So 2004 can be "April 2020" or "4th quarter 2020". So, you constantly get confused by phrases like "we'll do it in 2004". (Oh... was I 15 years younger in 2004 and now I am not getting the latest business language trends?)
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 11:38 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Annie, thank you they are great memories and more memories and paintings to come....and congrats on the sales!!!....great way to wrap up a year and enter a new one...

Mosc, I thought that was just a imitation snow globe...didn't realize it was real...very cool...

as for my collage, just selected works I had photos available for and threw it together....not esp all favs or special, just wanted to document something...good thing I didn't think about it too much! hope you decide to finish yours!

Ilya, interesting and confusing...something needs to be adjusted to make the references more definitive...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
With my pets >'.'<

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA
Happy New Year Everybody!!!

Becca, Mosc, Floating Dove, and all, wishing you the best in the New Year and New Decade.

Becca, what nice memories.
Mosc, is that a fire inside of a circle of snowballs???
Floating Dove, lovely paintings, indeed dramatic.

Doesn't "2020" sound funny?

For me, 2019 went out with a bang, as I sold four out of five paintings I submitted to a small works holiday exhibit. I was walking on air!

Happy painting to all!

Happy New Year 2020! Cats + Betrayal = Drama

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2020, 04:48 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Received news yesterday this collage was accepted to a show in Florida...is mostly for fun, fundraiser for a new gallery opening, the theme for the show was 99 bottles of beer on the wall and requirement was to have at least on bottle of draft beer visible...not my best work, and only had this one to submit...but was fun...from my photos

Name:  5C393FC3-C6A9-4AFA-9776-FB6467E4F42A_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views: 207
Size:  54.8 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 01:10 PM
Lord of the Arts
With my pets >'.'<

Hails from United States

Good luck with your entry Becca! LOL

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 01:26 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

LOL...nice party plan...

my entry was accepted...just have to get it there later this month will ship it off...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 02:26 AM
Lord of the Arts
Helsinki

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Mosc, I thought that was just a imitation snow globe...didn't realize it was real...very cool...
This snowball lantern photo actually came out of camera as you see it, I didn't do any photo shop'ing or anything. Looked ok as it came out so decided to keep it. Except added the text before posting it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
as for my collage, just selected works I had photos available for and threw it together....not esp all favs or special, just wanted to document something...good thing I didn't think about it too much!
Congratulations for the acceptance! Once being accepted posting is the fun part!

single box party:

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 02:33 AM
Lord of the Arts
Helsinki

Another photo: this is our outfit for the night walks this Christmas. It's cold so that why she wears the dress. The red hat has turned out very useful too (not only a decoration): to warm her ears with this hat. They can get cold when windy.