WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time July 2019

I finished the cowl - ok I have to deal with the threads and sew it up, but it is mostly done. The colour in the previous picture was more accurate.

It is still raining, at this point I don't know what is worse, the rain or the clouds of mosquitoes when it is not raining.

I am glad you are feeling better enough to start working on critters again.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Finished it and got my sister to pose in it. (under the condition her face doesn't show)
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:17 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, looks warm and cozy. What's your next project? Any more doll making?

Finished the first dragon. Then got an idea for holiday gifts for the family. Yay for thinking of it so far in advance. Sketched things out and it looks like it might work. Need to make a prototype, but looks promising.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2019, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I keep looking at the doll parts sitting on the desk.....I am knitting in the studio during the day. I got the laptop in there working again, it took a day to do all the upgrades.
I have tidied up in the studio, I almost sat in the chair at the desk.
I have been doing some meditation in there and the message keeps being "get back on the horse"

We are on the second day of sunny weather. Yesterday was awesome. There was a good breeze so the pesky bugs kept away. Today not so much. We had an incredibly nasty thunderstorm at midnight that blew up out of nowhere. Lots of lightening and instant thunder. The dog hid in the basement.

And we have workmen here. They are cleaning the gutters and power washing the house. We have big pine trees so gutter covers don't work. There is also work to be done on the roof. The whirligig thing is making noise like an idling truck and it is very annoying.
They will also be working inside, removing the carpet from the spare room and putting in new flooring. The last of the disgusting, formerly white, carpet is leaving the building! But that won't happen for a while.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2019, 04:52 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, wow, lots of chaos in your house right now between the weather and the work being done. Hope you can find some calm. And, this evening, I challenge you to sit in the chair at the desk. Maybe even touch the doll pieces. I'm sending you good energy.

Still working on critters, slowly. The virus is finally in it's final stages. I'm still coughing, but it's farther apart in time and not in fits anymore. Yesterday I asked DH if he wanted to go out to the woods with me. I told him I felt a need for some natural energy not surrounded by cement and asphalt. He agreed and we went up into the mountains. There was a lovely cool breeze and it was at least 10 degrees cooler. It was wonderful listening to the birds and smelling the pine forest. I felt so much better after our trip. So did he. We already have a date to do that again next week.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2019, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I didn't expect the work to happen so fast!
I talked to Stephen the contractor on Friday after an email on Thursday and he was at the door at 9:30 am to check out the work with 2 of his staff and one said he could clear the gutters and wash the house that day so I said ok. That way he could really check out the roof too.
The rest will take more time.
The local area is kind of depressed because of the oil industry slowdown., so I expect things are slower for them too.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:11 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, sometimes the stars align. If you are ready for the work to be done financially, there is no reason to put off what needs to be done. Did you touch the doll?

Finished another dragon. Will be working on the next one today. The problem will be once I'm caught up on critters, what's the next project? I have too many options. But, I'll probably work on this year's tree ornament for family gifts.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I
Am
Working
On
My
Doll
!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2019, 05:21 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, that is AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing it.

Still sewing critters. Bought a cross-stitch pattern making program this weekend. Wanted to be able to work out some design ideas I had for this year's ornament for family holiday gifts. Not too bad of a learning curve. Tho' it took reading the instructions to find the zoom function.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Thanks. I worked on it for over an hour. Then a thunderstorm rolled in and my sister wanted to talk and my daughter called.

Last time I made one hand and I was sure it was totally messed up. But of course when I looked at it today, there is a small problem with one finger......It can be worked with. I did the second hand/arm and I am starting to assemble the yoke and body.

Music Heilung
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 04:53 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, time does allow you to look at your art in a new light. Glad you can work with what you have already done. Hope you are inspired to continue in spite of thunderstorms and sister.

Ended up reading yesterday. One of my favorite authors had a book release yesterday. It's just a novella, but I really wanted to read it. Back to making critters today.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I didn't work on it yesterday because there was a lot of running around to be done, looking for flooring and storm doors amongst other things. The flooring we were hoping for wasn't there. Lots of distressed looking vinyl tile, we don't want it to look like a barn or a dirt floor. The others were very dark. The helper said that this was the latest fashion, dark and dirty.
Then in the evening we had 2 thunderstorms, very severe with hail and heavy down pours. Under passes in the city flooded. friends of ours lost their eaves throufs and had water in their basement. Our sump pump was cycling off and on all evening and night.

Today it is grey and rainy and we have more floor hunting to do. I hurt.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 06:11 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, so much happening. Hope you can find some decent flooring. I don't think I'd like a distressed or dark flooring either. At least your pump is working. Hang in there. Virtual hugs.

And then nothing. I had every intention of finishing the current dragon. Only it didn't happen. I got derailed by waiting for something. I don't know what. It's very strange. I guess I'm still not used to being in charge of my own time. We did get delivery of DH's new computer chair. He's been having back and neck problems. He has refused to buy a new desk chair for 2 years now, sitting in a broken one. I over-ruled him after the second chiropractic appointment in a week. He's very happy with his new chair.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Proper support in a chair is as important as proper safety gear for a chainsaw. You just don't see the blood and gore with the chair.

Nothing got done yesterday. I had a hard time breathing. After I ran for the groceries in the drizzle I whipped my bra off and went to bed. Then we had THREE thunderstorms! Massive down pours, hail. All afternoon there was thunder.

I know that waiting feeling. I had that a lot after mom died and dad moved out. I think it has to do with hyper vigilance. Being ready to jump up and deal with a crisis at any time. This is the main thing that has stopped me from doing my real art work "Don't bother, it will be interrupted anyway." Might as well do something unimportant.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 05:14 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, that waiting for you is still true to some extent. You have mentioned more than once that your sister "needs" you. So you are still on call. And yes my waiting is worse when DH is home on his off days. Tho' he really doesn't need me. At least not in that crisis way. Sorry about your thunder storms. Hoping you can get some calmer weather.

Just got a book commission. Last week, was my uncle's funeral. I did not go, but mom went. Hadn't talked to her in a week. (It was great.) But she did ask if I could make a blank book for my newly widowed aunt. My aunt told mom she wished she could write down everything that is going thru her head right now. So mom wanted to buy one of my books to send to my aunt. I'll be making a book this weekend.