WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Art Journals
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada
Re: A Fist Full of Pencil Shavings

Love the texture work - has a wonderful feel, this two page spread
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Thanks, eyepaint.

Sketch-Blog
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
UK

Quick sketches of a Jay scoffing some olive oil treats I put out this morning...

Sketch-Blog
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2019, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
UK

This mornings olive oil baited subject...

Sketch-Blog
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
UK

Some Scavenger Hunt sketches...

Sketch-Blog
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

You've some really great and scary subjects here recently, Munin, always love seeing what you are doing.
  #157   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
UK

I very much appreciate your interest. Even if you find some elements a little on the *eek* side. Just try to see them in a humorous light, like Bulbs Gone Mad, or Bulbs Behaving Badly. Or how about The Bulbs from Another World... like a 50's B-movie.

Sketch-Blog
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Land of Stormy Clouds

Hails from United States

Those pictures are really fantastic!
  #159   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
UK

Thanks, Easel.

I was cleaning up an old external hard drive, and found a few scanned sketches that, to be honest, baffle my mind. Not the sketches themselves, but the fact that I not only have no memory of having done them, but also no hard copy to go back to. They are also "clipped" (not the full page/picture). Something is not quite right. I'm at odds with myself.

Given that I recently skimmed through my old sketchbooks for "stuff" I could rip apart and mash together (see somewhere above), I should have come across these. But no.

I'll insert them here for context. The real fun (for me) begins after the fact.

Okay, beyond the initial surprise of discovering these scans, I quickly noted the paper grain... or rather, the way it always came out on an old scanner I had. I could see the markings of a WHSmith (no promotion here) sketchbook that they used to sell. They had a softback, plastic mixed, silver cover. I grabbed a bunch of A6 and A4 pads, for some reason. 96 pages. I can count the two I've not yet touched. Also, it tells you on the back cover.

I've counted the pages of the two A4 books I filled and they are both 96 pages complete. The ones I still have, but not yet filled, are still, all 96 pages. I can clearly see from the scans that these are from an A4 book, because they match every other scanned page I did at that time (I'll get to that issue next). Where have the physical pages gone?

The next thing is the digital time stamp, which is just me right clicking on the abnormality, choosing "properties" from the sub menu, and slowly squinting my eyes, haha. It just makes no sense...

These few lonesome files were "modified" several months before they were even created!

On the surface, it seems like I have the ability to perform mild, and very specific and rudimentary time travel. But, if I attempt to delve a little deeper, it causes me to realize I'm just a fool that would like to know where the "ghost" A4 sketchbook went. It had to be real, but I have no memory of it. All pages are accounted for. It would have to be myself, or another agent, removing a whole sketchbook from my life. I'm honestly confused, but jovial intrigue is invading my mind.

Mild ramble aside, are there any old scribbles you have found yourself perplexed by? Surely I can't be the only one... but no "don't call me Shirley" jokes, please.

Sketch-Blog
  #160   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2019, 05:29 AM
A WC! Legend
england

Hails from England

great series of drawings from those lovely observations of brds to the scary stuff!

MY WEBSITE:http://vivienblackburn.com MY BLOG:http://vivienb.blogspot.com/ ETSY for original paintings http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6150568
  #161   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Immortalized
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Congratulations on finding your superpower, now can you cultivate its potential and grow it?

There is real dangers in sharing such powers openly on a forum though, because people may think you mad. Develop it as a story and sell it as fiction, wait... no, let me do that.

If you do not respond in 3 weeks we will know the government has taken you off to an underground bunker for study.

Delofasht
  #162   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
UK

Vhere: Thanks. It's fun to create little mashed up olive oil treats for the birdies. They take a little longer to peck away at, which seems to triple the time (however short) I have to make quick sketches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delofasht
Congratulations on finding your superpower, now can you cultivate its potential and grow it?

To be honest, probably not. I get sidetracked far too easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delofasht
If you do not respond in 3 weeks we will know the government has taken you off to an underground bunker for study.

Well, I have noticed a sudden rise in dodgy looking people roaming around my kneck of the woods, but what rational faculties I do maintain leads me to believe they are local election candidates plying their snake oil. But then again, maybe the whole political furor that is happening in my country has all been an elaborate ruse to flush me out!?

A few quick pages from the previous weekends miandering...

Sketch-Blog
  #163   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #164   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Immortalized
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Definitely government operatives looking to find you and your superpowers... maybe matrix agents. Jokes aside, good to see you are still at it. I really like these landscapes and roots. I tend to get too involved in rendering mine unfortunately, but yours look very fresh and lively. Stellar works as always, I should put up my last summer of sketches at some point.

Delofasht