Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture First time posting a photo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vic h

I’ve been following this sculpture thread for some time now I thought I should finally post a photo of my own. This the first figure sculpture that I’ve actually sculpted and sent to the foundry. I started a few figures but I was never completely happy with them. My other pieces have all been of wildlife. In the future I’ll try to contribute photos of those. I have enjoyed following this thread and the great work shown here. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have yours.

Thanks, Vic

ArtsyLynda

She’s beautiful! She looks a bit angry, though. I would expect her to be smiling after catching that huge fish!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing!

Fierce, I would say, be careful, she has a fish spear! Nice work.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Long and lean warrior lady, very fit. I like her long braid coming down on the side of her. It gives femininity to her and is good in the composition with a long braid and her being tall with a long spear. Fun to have your first figure go to bronze. Good work!

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
            [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

it’sALLart

Really like the verticality of this piece… also the patina.

Jon

A fine piece of sculpture.
                    She looks well able to fend for herself.
                    Thank you for sharing.

jonc50

Nice work Vic!

vic h

Thank you all for the for the nice comments about the photo I posted here.
                            Sorry I took so long responding, I was in the process of moving and we all know how that goes, one week moving household and three weeks moving
                            important stuff [studio]!
                            I said in my first post that I’d try to post some more so here is a piece I did a few years ago. By the way Lynda, it nice to read that you are back to sculpting!

Title “Angry Giant”

Vic H

ArtsyLynda

He’s beautiful!! And thanks for the good wishes about me sculpting again! It’s going v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y because I have so little stamina, but I’m getting there!

equinespirit

She is fantastic, Vic, my kinda gal !

Sykes#3

She would be a perfect model of Ayla from the book, “Clan of the Cave Bear. She’s strong and beautiful, good work!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.