Home Forums Explore Subjects Aviation Art Piasecki H-21

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gray539

Had to draw this one up on a very short time line. Used a background I had previously painted and drew the Piasekie from photo’s rather than my normal method of making a 3D wire frame for reference. Had to be in RCAF yellow rescue colours. I think this is the first helicopter I’ve drawn.

gollum

I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks :)

NeilF92

Good one Gray. .I’ve only painted two helicopters but they do make interesting subjects.

Fishjay

Always did like the flying banana☺

Trumper

Were they reliable ,they look so “weird” ,the adage of if it looks right it’ll fly right just doesn’t work.The picture is great ,a time of trial and error and interesting looking designs.

Gray539

I know little about the craft Trumper, other than they were called the flying banana. Thanks all for having a look.

falcon012

This is great Gray. Love this machine. It was pretty well used in the day although a bit underpowered. I think there is still one restored example still flying.

Gray539

Thanks, Mark. The Piasecki definitely has a classic look to it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.