Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Using The Uploader and Resizing Images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

GOOD NEWS! The UPLOADER is fixed :clap:! You can now use it to add your images to your threads. You can do this in two ways: using the Uploader icon—the yellow box with a mountain in it at the top of the window that appears when you open a new thread, or alternatively, you can go the the Quick Links in the blue bar at the top of the page and scroll down to the bottom where it says “Image Uploader”.

The size limit is now 800×800 pixes and you must resize your image before uploading

Here’s a video Doug made showing the uploader in use.

Here is also a video showing how to resize your pictures online.

Resizing images on the Mac

There was some difficulty with the Uploader after the migration, and some people began using the Attachment feature to add their images in the threads to get around that. Unfortunately, this creates small thumbnails instead of full size paintings and viewers of your thread have to go through several extra steps to see your work.

Many people just don’t bother to do this because their time here is limited. So, if you want more viewers and comments about your work, make it easy for them—use the UPLOADER!

Many members using the AOL browser find the uploader produces an error message. When they go via Internet Explorer or Firefox they have no problem.

See Post#25 for details of a work around for the “click doesn’t insert image” problem

Thanks,

The Moderators,

Sylvia, Jen, and Doug :p

HarvestMoon

Sylvia- thanks for that- I tried to upload images the other day and Doug had to send me 3 or 4 emails to crawl my way through it and get it to work…. but he did it- Doug is- SUPERMAN in my book LOL….

Harvest Moon 🐐

OK, I just had for the first time the uploader not work. I got ? but then I noticed the file, from another member who was having trouble with the uploader, said *jpeg* not *jpg* which is what I usually use. I changed it in my photo program to jpg…and it loaded. When I tried loading the jpeg version for one more test, I clicked on the ? and saw the code in the window. But it only gave a ? when I submitted the thread.

Moral of the story: check your file code appendages.

Or have others had no problem with “jpeg” ?

Jen

Jennifer Landau
        Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

pincel

Sorry to let you know that the uploader is not fixed… I and a few others are having serious problems uploading!

LizGlass
            The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
            [FONT=Times]Check my new blog: http://lizglass.wordpress.com

mimitabby

So should we continue to put photos on our own websites and link to them here?

[FONT=Georgia] Mimi - My art blog
                zazzle.com/mtorchia*

Hi All

I was facing a problem for the uploader. This is what I tried and it seems to be working. You could try if it works for you.

On your browser (mine is Internet Explorer by MS), go to Tools –> Internet Options –> Delete Files (Temporary Internet Files)

Delete the temp internet files and restart the browser. What I guess the browser does is to refer the older file which are in existence when the Uploader was not functioning properly. Deleting the older temp internet files forces the browser to go the latest version of the Uploader and gets the images uploaded.

Hope it helps in everyone’s case.

Sandeep

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Sandeep Khedkar
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Trebuchet MS]http://sandeepkhedkar.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                http://www.indiaart.com/Sandeep.Khedkar.asp[/COLOR]
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS]http://sandeep-khedkar.fineartamerica.com/

Well I can’t get the Uploader to function this morning at all. I’ll do what you suggested Sandeep. Thanks!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Pene

The uploader is not working for me using IE7.

LadyP :heart:

Tripod

I use Firefox and it ain’t working at present

I also tried the uploader , two days . no soap .also quick links .

wr

Tripod

Pardon me… but what is soap? Quck links? Does uploader work for you?

Tripod
                            Uploader or quick links , do not work for me , I have been trying for 2 days .

wr

mobius49

is the uploader….not?
                                thanks
                                Matt

"Painting in watercolor is making the best of an emergency." J. S. Sargent

http://mattmoberly.smugmug.com My World. My Vision.

eseeley

countrydoc
                                    eseeley

[As you can see, I am still a novice in adding to a thread. I am responding to the call for Xmas card art. I am probably in the wrong place, but glad to share this watercolor with you.][/quote]

countrydoc
                                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.