Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nha63

I just finished this one to submit for consideration in a show titled ‘Rhythm and Movement’; I like themed shows less than I like thinking of titles….it’s 11×14, Mount Visions and Art Spectrum UltraLights on Uart 400 dark; I find the dark paper seems to make the colors pop. Please let me know what you think – I’m still learning. Thanks very much for looking. Neal

water girl

Neal, your color choices give us a cold Atlantic Breaker. The only suggestion I could give is where the water meets the sand, you could make the sand look wet. That’s being really picky :angel: and it is fine as is.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Nicely done.
            The green in tho rolling wave is a nice touch.
            A bit more variation of greens and blues in the rest of the water could be nice.

Esther

franglais

Lovely painting. I, too, feel that the dark UArt tends to make the colors pop. Good luck with the show!

Mike

Luvy

I don’t do many landscapes or seascapes but what stand out to me most are the footprints which seem to uniform. It may just be me. Love the wave. I can’t do water too well. Love the colors

Luvy
                  Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.