Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #576, Feb 13 – Feb 21

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Scattykat

Scavenger Hunt #576, Feb 13 – Feb 21

…ready for tomorrow…:clap:

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.*

Scavenger Hunt #576

1 Glowing
        2 Growing
        3 Sewing
        4 Blowing
        5 Fastener
        6 Bannister
        7 Passenger
        8 Canister
        9 Automated
        10 Corrugated
        11 Isolated
        12 Dilapidated
        13 Gigantic
        14 Romantic
        15 Organic
        16 Panic
        17 Warmness
        18 Darkness
        19 Firmness
        20 Calmness
        21 Important
        22 Detergent
        23 Absorbent
        24 Serpent
        25 Revolution
        26 Integration

…challenge…do one of the items in the style of a stain glass window…

Have fun :cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Scatty :) I enjoy the word play and the groups of “rhyming” words :)

We usually have 26 items on the hunt list … what would you like to add?

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Scattykat

…thanks for the nudge EP, just wacked on a couple more…:thumbsup:

Scatty ....

eyepaint

Thanks, Scatty. More fun words!!

-- EP Moderator for:

m50paul

Nice list Scatty…..

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Joan T

Kat, thanks for the new list. Will try my best to get something done for this one.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Scatty thanks for the wordy list. I will put on my thinking cap.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

Joan T

Where is everyone? I can’t believe I am posting first.

1 – romantic (chocolate covered strawberries) – watercolors
                                2 – organic grasses – watercolors and ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

Lovely sketches Joan…the strawberry+Choco is so tempting…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Scattykat

…hiya all :-)
                                        Joan, bravo for being first away, love that strawberry, mm mm. And super little watercolour of the organics … :-)

Scatty ....

Joan, I like both the sketches, but the strawberry is yummmmmm.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

m50paul

Joan: That chocolate is amazing I would devour that in one bite…. Did you save us any? Nice boat sketches also… very well done, again!

8 for me…… ( 1 through 6 watercolor; 7 & 8 pencil )
                                            1. Isolated — lonely vase on shelf
                                            2. Important — wedding band
                                            3. Glowing — lamp
                                            4. Absorbent — paper towels
                                            5. Detergent — dish washing detergent
                                            6. Growing — flower
                                            7 Blowing — sail boat — this boat was hauling butt when it went buy so I was pleased it came out somewhat resembling the boat.
                                            8. Dilapidated — old hat….. same lady kept moving sooooo…… I had just started sketching when she started getting up in the chair…..

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

I don’t understand all the words in this week’s Hunt. So I’m filing this under “21 Important”. It’s my art materials closet. Fineliner again, A4.

eyepaint

Joan – awww well done and thank you for giving me a chocolate coated strawberry :)

Paul – well done – wc limited palette and the graphite

Jeroen – love your ink work!!

Here are my sketches, graphite, 5×7″ maybe across the two page spread. Took maybe 90 min to find the materials and sketch

1. glowing (cell phone)
                                                    2. growing (umbrella tree – schleffera[/URL])
                                                    3. sewing (seam ripper – used very often)
                                                    4. blowing (matches in matchbook)

5. fastener (plastic buckle I haven’t yet made into a belt)
                                                    6. bannister
                                                    7. passenger (camera bag you’d take with you if you were travelling someplace as a passenger)
                                                    8. cannister (holds ground coffee)

And here are photos of my source material:

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

m50paul

Jeroen: Very nice pen sketches. They are quite amazing…. You did good with your category selection, right idea…..

EP: Nice pencil sketches… tricky umbrella.. I kept looking and looking and could see no umbrella…. I now know what a schleffera is, an umbrella tree, funny girl cute :thumbsup:

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.