Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Latest Landscape

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    CaliAnn

Playing around with watercolor and my old pastel sandpaper. I’m forever looking at ways to add texture with watercolor.

C&C welcome

oldnmartist

Interesting technique that could be used to advantage for certain types of landscapes. I am not sure a photo does it justice.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

CaliAnn

My husband loves it, I’m very meh about it. I don’t like the dark mat.

oldnmartist

I agree, would probably have gone with a creme colored mat

CaliAnn

Think this looks better for the picture:

Bizzibee

Is the mat the frame or the passe partout? Well, whatever it is, I think your husband is a very astute gentleman, because I agree with him . You however…..😄. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was a rainbow: I love the bands of colour. I know nothing about sandpaper of which you speak but, I assume, IRL, it has a lovely texture, which will only enhance its beauty. I looks gorgeous in the frame! One for the wall!!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

oldnmartist

That looks much better. Is that mat a slight shade of green? If so, I want to try that combo someday.

aspenman

When I was into watercolor ( for 12 years ) I tried everything to get texture into my work – painting on pastel paper was but one way – I also put washed sand into my paint – I ended up switching to acrylics for my need for textures.

I like this paintung – nice composition & color – very nice work.

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
                                    http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

I like this. The texture worked. You added thicker paint in some dots as well? Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Donna T

Cali Ann, what a winner this painting is! It’s got texture and lovely color harmonies and looks wonderful in that mat and frame! I’m glad you are finding a way for your watercolors and pastels to work together; the best of both worlds.

Donna
                                        C&C Always Welcome

Aussiesrus

A lovely arrangement of trees trunks & branches which are nicely broken by patterns of dotted foliage. Nice. Touches of pure color work terrific & I like your use of darker values, adjacent to the sunlit tree trunks, in the lower section. The frame looks O.K. IMO – Nicely Painted Cali.

Michael.

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
                                            https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
                                            I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Reddyman

CaliAnn this looks just beautiful in the frame with the matting.
                                                I really like the colours you have used and that yellow for me acts like a backlighting to really make the rest of the painting work so well.
                                                Great painting!!
                                                John

landsmith

I like the color scheme and colors, pleasing to the eyes. It looks like you achieved your goal in texture.
                                                    Rob

Ohiohawk97

Beautiful Ann! Great gob with soft edges and love the colors throughout. The frame looks nice as well.

Wes

It’s lovely CaliAnn. So interesting it looks almost like pastel with the texture, very nice!

Heather AKA Lucy12
                                                        https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                                                        https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                                                        https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.