Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub The Goldfields Railway

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill
        The Victorian Goldfields Railway

Sandra and I spent a great weekend at Castlemaine where I had set out to capture a few nice shots of the “Gold Train” as it made its 17km journey from its home station at Maldon.

Unaware of the event we got to Maldon Station too late to see the start of an onboard reenactment of [FONT=”Georgia]Murder on the Orient Express[/FONT], but after the excursion
        the train made a run to Muckleford Station with a photographer and two actors aboard to create a promotional brochure for the Goldfields Railway.

By driving along the old bush track that follows the line we finally arrived at the perfect setting to capture the train passing over a viaduct.
        I needed enough elevation to oversee the line so I parked close to viaduct and climbed onto the roof of my car, (not recommended).

Sandra’s Smartphone Photo

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Oh you have done more dangerous things while trying to take a photograph but this time it was really worth the effort. Those are all great shots, Mark, including the one that Sandra took. Was she standing on the hood of your car?

The second shot is really a big winner though with such great focus of a moving object and eye popping color, pleasing perspective, lines, steam, and a great big machine. Wow, this is good.

#1 and #2 are my favorites.
        Looks like you had a great time and came home with some expert images. I think I would print that second shot.

Thanks so much for sharing.
        LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Irishwhistler

Great work Mark.👍👌

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Great shots. Is that you and Sandra? ;)

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Anonymous

Well done, Mark and Sandra. Such a neat looking train.

Greenhill

Lorell, Sandra was standing on the ground behind the car as she held her phone high for the shot. She is a superb photographer but rarely takes photos. The last time she was photo-active was on her solo drive around Australia before her brain bleed.
                    As you know I’ve been away for a few days at Castlemaine chasing a train. I also dropped by the old Bendigo cemetery to take pics of Beagletorque’s ancestral monument that I goofed up bigtime a few weeks ago when I shot the wrong monument!
                    The monument was actually his wife’s great something-or-other, quite a VIP in Bendigo as I understand. Indeed, the land for the cemetery was purchased by her great aunt after whom a wing in the new hospital has been named after.

Mike, Doug, Dave. Thanks for commenting. :thumbsup:

MY FLICKR

selectedgrub

Gorgeous shots.
                        Thanks for sharing.

Rich

Awesome photos, great fun! Good work Mark!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Greenhill

Gorgeous shots.
                                Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Andy, and I am impressed by the ingenious images on your Blog.
                                Hopefully we’ll see lots more of your works here, mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome photos, great fun! Good work Mark!

Thanks Rich. We had a fab weekend, the hotel was way the best we have we have stayed at and over the years we’ve checked into many.

MY FLICKR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.