Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects WIP – Snow Leopard x-posted in colored Pencil Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    anniecanjump

Hi all I thought I would share a big project that I am working on. This is a big one for colored pencil, 16×20 on cream colored stonehenge paper. I think if I had it to do over again I would have used a grey colored paper. I used a little bit of watercolor pencils as an underpainting on some areas but mostly I am using prismacolor pencils and Brush and Pencils titanium white mixture for some of the fur areas. Photo reference is from Wildlife Reference Photos. Enjoy.

Peggy
        My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

http://petportraitsbypeggy.weebly.com/

KareBear94

Beautiful! I love your progress photos, it’s always nice to see the the painting come to life. Snow leopards are my favorite of the large cats. ❤️❤️❤️

lisapencil

Stunning work Annie, I am loving the background:cat:

Peggy, really fantastic, and thanks for showing the steps you took in its progress.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Peggy, this is amazing work!!

Katherine :music: :music:

Reference Image Library
                Posting Guidelines & Other Info HERE
                WATERCOLOR HANDBOOK

Gorgeous!

Christel

fedetony

Looks really good…

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

A beautiful leopard. Very well done!

Penny
                    I live in Wiltshire, England
                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Peggy, this is a superb cp work. Just beautiful.

Chammi
                    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Wonderful work! Thank you for posting your WIP’s !

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Triduana

Really enjoyed following the progress photos. It’s beautiful. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Wow, this is just incredible already! The softness you’ve got in the fur is so impressive. I love how the background is shaping up too. Beautiful!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

anniecanjump

Thanks everyone for commenting. :wave: The backgrounds sometimes take as long or longer than the subject. I will go back and tweak the cat after I finish the background. So glad you are enjoying the progress.

Peggy

This is phenomenal – wow! I like the cream coloured paper.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
                            [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

anniecanjump

In the reference photo there was blurry dried grass that the leopard was standing on in the foreground and I was going to go that route but decided to switch gears and make it a rock ledge. I like this much better than the way the dried grass was looking. I think it helps to make the artwork look more 3 dimensional. Still more details to add to the background but it is getting there.

Peggy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.