Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub WhatIzIt ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,873 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What’s your guess?

I suspect this will be an easy one.

Foam padding from under upholstery fabric. Yes? Do I win the prize?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Close enough – it’s the disintegrating seat of an old folding chair. I told you it was an easy one.

Prize? I hadn’t considered that. Let me think….

I know! How about if I convince WetCanvas! to double your salary as a moderator?

:clap: THAT’s better than nothing’. Oh wait, it’s the same thing. But I love my job. Come to think of it, I have loved all of my jobs. Thanks Dave. I think I’ll go look for a “What iz I”t to share.
            Lorell

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Is it OK for me to add one?

Chiers

A clam on the beach?

Sherry
                SmArtsyJewelry SLMGallery

[FONT="Georgia"]Sony Nex6, Nikon P610, Sony WX300, SEL55/210, SEL3.5/30 Macro, SEL16/50, 1.8/50

To me it looks like a thick layer of ice coating the top of something, like maybe a latch on top of a chest.

:)It is neither of those though I like the imagery and in a way both are warm or cold as the case may be.

Anonymous

My first thought was that it is some sort of mineral, but I admit that I don’t have a lot of confidence in that guess.

Well, there are minerals involved. Perhaps the viewers are blinded by the light?

Not to keep you in suspense too long.. It is suspended on.. ice. The blinding light is, looking into the sun, with bounce naturally. So, what is it? Being that it is made of minerals and all that.

You got me, Peter. Is it a pail with stones in it covered with frozen water?
                    The thing in the background on the left looks like the grill of a truck.

Dreamin

an ax or pick laid on top of a frozen bucket of minerals, and then ice froze on it, too?

Natalie

dudley_d

No idea at all.

Nikon D850, Tamron 150-600, Nikon 28mm 1.4, Nikon Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikon Nikkor 55-300mm, Tamron Telephoto SP AF 180mm f/3.5 Di LD IF Macro, Sigma EX 10-20mm f3.5

You got me, Peter. Is it a pail with stones in it covered with frozen water?
                            The thing in the background on the left looks like the grill of a truck.

The stones in the bucket under the frozen water, are invisible in the shot. I do assure you that they are there though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,873 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.