Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Shadow Hunter…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Boafamily

This is my holiday gift for my oldest Nephew who is attending my alma mater and our mascot is a golden tiger.

Since there is no such thing as a “golden tiger” I wanted to create a tiger like creature using our school colors of crimson and old gold as my only guideline.

This is the most revised picture I have ever done to date as you can see by the many progress photos.

You can’t be afraid to change up something until you are truly happy with it such as life; so let this be a lesson that it ain’t over until you win…!!!!

“Photo 290.WIP 4” he looked like a fluffy werewolf, so I was trying to thin him out in the coming revisions.

“Photo 290.WIP 6” He is trimmed down and those big far out ears had to go…

“Photo 290.WIP 10” was supposed to be the finished picture, but I felt that I lost some of the detail in the cheeks and he had too many whiskers and looked like mutant walrus.

I tried to add some detail back into the picture on the “Photo 290. WIP 11” and that only made his cheeks more washed out!

Now I was really unhappy with the piece and I had to fix him by removing all his whiskers and remaking his cheeks.

This “blotting out whiskers” shot is the one picture I didn’t take as I just wanted it done quickly before I got even more upset at myself…:lol:

I wasn’t crazy about his eyes either, which got a makeover; then his body, then the background and well you get the picture…one change can cause a chain reaction…

24″×18″ mixed media on wood panel entitled “Shadow Hunter” Sacred Protector…

That’s like you were playing the game of “Telephone” but with a picture instead of a whisper. (Telephone, if you don’t know, is a game where a bunch of people sit in a row and the first person whispers a sentence in the ear of the person next to them and so it goes down the line till the last person says out loud what was whispered to them, and it’s always completely different).

That’s a pretty cool transformation. The eyes in the final are great.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

talisman

Lots of changes.
            You ended up with a vibrant and powerful look.
            I’m sure he’ll love it.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Boafamily

Virginia thank you and I so remember playing telephone and that is a perfect way to describe this conversation I was having with this painting… 😀

Dianna thank you kindly and I hope he does as I haven’t heard a peep out of him yet… 😂

WoodyWelch

I’m very impressed by ALL the looks!!!! The image slightly reminds me of the ID from the movie FORBIDDEN PLANET. The colors are dazzling. :)

Attalus

Great whiskers! Glad I never had to draw my college mascot (Tulane Green Wave – talk about wishy-washy!)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Boafamily

Woody thanks for all the good feedback and intel you share my father’s name sake, so we are truly connected bro.

Attalus I got a funny 2 degree of separation for you my high school mascot was a Summerville “greenwave” now what is the chance of that too funny thanks!

Wow, what transformations. Cool result, very powerful.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                            Every painting is a new adventure.

Boafamily

Michelle thanks for stopping in and commenting my friend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.