WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Painting the Masters ATC Trade

Glad to hear you found a good solution, Ellen! Cold feet are the worse.

The project is full! Yayyyy!! Jeanne "J" who is a long time trader has joined in.

The addresses have been sent out via pm.

I forgot to say when I sent out the addresses to off course keep them private between us for this trade. One time we had someone take a photo with envelopes showing addresses by accident. In all the trades I've seen on WC that was the only time and it was an accident but always a good thing to be aware of.

So we can all start at anytime and mail at will.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:30 PM

[quote=CinderellaG]. I will have works by several different masters and several works by one of my fav's!. I love copying the masters..I always learn a lot doing it!"

I'm really excited by this exchange. I started looking online with the criterion that the artwork pleased me and was possibly within my skill level.

I found a Scottish artist, labeled a "colorist" who has varied styles, some quite masculine, but I am attracted to his style of painting landscapes. This isn't someone who I think of as a "master" (in fact I'd never heard of him) but he has a significant body of work from around the turn of the penultimate century.

His name is Francis Campbell Boileau Cadell, I hope this fits the requirements for this exchange. Let me know if not ... before I start.

Autismart
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Its really nice seeing some old friends here and some new! I have started on mine and have 4 done. However I usually end up midway thru deciding to go a totally different direction than where I'm at at the time and then I start over again. My hubby laughed at me last night and said OK, first set of cards? When will you start on the 2nd? I have fun though so it's all good!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Cadell's work is wonderful. I find them very appealing too. I'm half Scottish so of course he's welcome.

I have images picked out, some from my own photos and some from the Goggle Art project museums. It's amazing how close you can scroll on those ones that they scan.

My problem always is that I have eclectic taste, I like everything I mean really everything so I always have a hard time narrowing it down.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast
Sydney

Hails from Australia

How Exciting, thank you so much for having me. I'm exploring Australian artists and Colombian artist, I'm learning so much, I find faces painted before 1923 of women especially so very very elegant. I am struggling to get the eyes since its so tiny.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:14 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

The biggest issue now is selecting from the art pieces I have gathered!
Cindy, my gosh you are fast. Fair warning to all, I am giving myself 2 months to have them done and mailed, similar to the Christmas exchange. I will try not to take that much time....
Autismart, I have been looking at the Colourists too. 😉
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 02-13-2019 at 10:31 PM.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Christine, I'm really not all that fast, but my next 2 months is going to be very busy so I know I must be on this in order to get them finished and mailed.

Last weekend we moved my sister to an apartment at a sr living community in Florida. In the next 2 to 3 weeks we will be moving my mother to an apartment there too. We are just waiting for the complex to finish the remodel of the apartment so don't have a set date for her yet.

It will be the first time in 14 years that we haven't had someone living with us that I have had to care for. So as hectic as the last few and the future weeks will be, I am excited at the prospects ahead!

I still keep trying to do my art as it is my one thing I do for myself.And I love all forms of art. Whew, all that to say I'm not in a hurry but diving in because the waters fine!
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Missed one day and already iíve Gotten behind on whatís been happening over here at The miniature forum. Itís nice to see some more new faces and everyone else. Iím sure that the paintings will be wonderful. Can hardly wait to see what comes. Hi Cindy and Autismart iím happy to see you signed up and of course everyone else too. Cindy so happy that you found a place for your sister and your mother. I hope that they will be happy in their new arrangements,
Sandy Exploring Australian artists seems wonderful. I think that we often forget the artists from other countries. Autismart Iíve never heard of the Scottish artist but will be sure to look him up. I was thinking of doing some women artists. Some that werenít so well known or just plain ignored in their day but Iím not going to limit myself to them. I like the art men produced too. Especially Gauguin and VanGogh. I think itís the colors that appeal to me.
Ellen I hope you post that little ones pic. Also keep warm. I have a blanket on right now. Just a little chill in the room that Iím in but it is a little warmer today. I actually went out and brought a Valentines card to my dad who is 90. By the way HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ! To everyone.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 01:39 PM

Hails from Canada

Happy Valentineís Day Barb and everyone.🙂
Cindy, I hope the transition your family members are making goes as smoothly as possible and they like their new place in the end. I know they were resistant in the past. Hopefully that has or will change. Big changes can scare people. But sometimes they really end up liking their new place. I have seen that in my extended family. Hope that happens for them too. How great you got them into the same senior residence! Surely that helps. Also, I am glad for your sake Cindy, as it sounded like a very stressful load you were carrying trying to care for everyone yourself. We all have limits, even if it is our love ones. By the way, how is your hubby feeling these days? I hope some proper meds are helping his symptoms.
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 02-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

Cindy, I'm glad to see that everything seems to be working out with the ladies. They'll be going through quite a lot of adjustment but hopefully it will be a very positive experience for everyone.

When I first had my "empty nest" it was almost a scary proposition, wondering what was in my future. I've always taken care of people, whether my family members or when I was still in the work force. I'd never lived alone. For me, it was actually somewhat of a trauma, if that makes sense. There are good traumas as well as bad, I think. It was such a foreign thing to me to live alone and "do my own thing" without always focusing on others and taking care of them. I'm still adjusting and finding my place in the world.

My family provided so many arts and crafts supplies when I actually moved into this particular RV that I'll never have a lack of things to do to entertain myself. But still, the only person here is me and then I have my little dog and a parakeet. I've been living totally by myself off and on since 2014 but now, I'm living alone permanently. It does take some adjustment.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Cindy, that's great news! Best wishes for everyone.

Sandy, that's a good idea. The only Australian, I can remember well is Walter Withers, mostly because that's such a great name. It'll be cool to learn about more of them.

Christine, I have a big list too. I don't know how I'm going to trim it down!

Floblue, my husband is a likes Gauguin too. He even bought a magnet of one of his paintings the last time we were at the museum.

Ellen, it's funny I'm the youngest of all my siblings and I have a lot of siblings. The second youngest was ill quite often so no one paid me much attention, not complaining, I actually liked being left alone. Then everyone was gone and for my final year of high school, I had my parents to myself and they had empty nest syndrome and they drove me crazy. Thank God, we didn't have cell phones then or they would have been texting me twenty times a day. Did you get that snowstorm?

We had a 50C (about 9C) day today. It was weird but nice. I had about four inches of thick ice on my drive. It melted enough for me to clear off the drive. We're back in the minus temps tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day!
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

We've gotten a little snow but not nearly as much as forecasted. Right now it's in the 40's F during the day and then down into mostly in the 20's and 30's at night. The snow prediction always gets moved ahead. Right now the little weather app I use says snow tomorrow. Earlier today it was predicted to snow next week. Now it says tomorrow. I never know what to expect. lol All I know is that it's been easier to keep my feet warm today.

I'm the oldest of 11 kids, Virginia. My parents only had me during their marriage so I don't have any full brothers and sisters. Each married again and I never knew my father and his kids till I was 23. He died two years later when he was 44. On Mom's side I have four sisters and a brother. On my fathers side I have 4 brothers and a sister. My sister passed away in 2011 though.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

Ellen Iím sure it is an adjustment living alone. I was talking with my dad and he said it is very difficult since my mom died. He said the joy went out of his life when she passed. I know itís difficult not having my kids but I at the moment I still have my husband but it would get rather lonely I think. Art supplies and art is nice but it doesnít take the place of people.
Virginia, it was a little warmer here today too but we still have a lot of ice to deal with and snow is forecasted for tonight.
Gotta go my battery is saying good nite.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 PM

Hails from Canada

I stumbled onto a woman artist I had never heard of before in my search. So wonderful to see. None of these female artists were mentioned anytime in my art history classes!
The first one I recall is the wonderful Mary Cassatt centuries later.
Attached Images

Last edited by PaintBoss : 02-14-2019 at 11:44 PM.
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 PM

Hails from Canada

But donít assume I am tackling a Renaissance painting, even in trading card size!!