WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Reference Image Library Requests and Support
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2008, 04:32 AM
A Local Legend
Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: Different dog breeds.

That last photo is the embodiment of "joy"!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Victoria, BC

Hails from Canada

Finley's brimming with personality
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Louisiana

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by richfarr
Here are a few photos of my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Finley. He's not been groomed in the classic Wheaten cut so I don't know if these photos will help you commercially. I just like to share pictures of my favourite puppy.

I think all animals are precious but our babies here are the best

Rich, love your puppy. Too cute
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Arkansas

Hails from United States
Lightbulb Re: Different dog breeds.

Hi, Canis!

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but it's based on 20-plus years of working with vets, pets, pet owners, etc. You might check with local small animal hospitals; at ours, there are lots of pics of different breeds on our bulletin board. One that I love best is not a purebred, though.

He's a smallish red-brown mixed breed who saved his owner's life, and the photo shows him wearing a custom-made leather bomber jacket. Really, he did rescue his owner, who fell unconscious to the floor due to a heart attack. The dog barked and licked the man's face so that he recovered enough to call for help. Oh, the dog also had his own telephone listing at one time!

Any pics your local vets may have probably require the owner's permission to use in a painting.

We'll see if I can post pics of my current dog, an Australian Shepherd, and maybe my previous mixed breed who looked like Benjie. Hope to include a darling Scottish Terrier who was best buddies with my big black cat. Maybe also a pic of a pastel painting of a Japanese Chin done for a client.
Best of luck with your painting- hope you'll post a picture of it!

Arf! Arf!
Josey

P.S. After going to all that trouble to resize images to put in this post, I have failed miserably. Could someone tell me what the secret is, please?
Attached Images

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Arkansas

Hails from United States
Lightbulb Re: Different dog breeds.

Hi, Canis!

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but it's based on 20-plus years of working with vets, pets, pet owners, etc. You might check with local small animal hospitals; at ours, there are lots of pics of different breeds on our bulletin board. One that I love best is not a purebred, though.

He's a smallish red-brown mixed breed who saved his owner's life, and the photo shows him wearing a custom-made leather bomber jacket. Really, he did rescue his owner, who fell unconscious to the floor due to a heart attack. The dog barked and licked the man's face so that he recovered enough to call for help. Oh, the dog also had his own telephone listing at one time!

Any pics your local vets may have probably require the owner's permission to use in a painting.

We'll see if I can post pics of my current dog, an Australian Shepherd, and maybe my previous mixed breed who looked like Benjie. Hope to include a darling Scottish Terrier who was best buddies with my big black cat. Maybe also a pic of a pastel painting of a Japanese Chin done for a client.
Best of luck with your painting- hope you'll post a picture of it!

Arf! Arf!
Josey

P.S. After going to all that trouble to resize images to put in this post, I have failed miserably. Could someone tell me what the secret is, please?
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States

Here's a pic of my cousins boxer, daisy. I have a lot of pics of mixed-breeds if you whould like them.

Lend your ear to music, open your eyes to painting, and… stop thinking! Just ask yourself whether the work has enabled you to “walk about” into a hitherto unknown world. If the answer is yes, what more do you want? -KANDINSKY, 1910-
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Queensland, Australia

Hails from Australia

Dhara your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Right little show offs!!! lol. I love the one of the golden retriever lying in the water with the sun on her back. It is almost like she knows she's getting her photo taken. Love them! Great photography!!!
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM

Hails from United States

dhara,

I too search for ref photos of dogs and yours are beautiful! If your not a photographer you should be one! May I use some of the pics here?

Thanks and Have a Great Day!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Hails from Switzerland

Thank you for the compliments, and no i am not a photographer. I just enjoy taking picts of my two dogs.
Maybe some day i will

You are welcome to use the photo's, if you need a bigger version, send me a private message and your email adres, and let me know which one.
It would be nice if you show me the end result.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:24 PM

Hails from Switzerland

i made some photo's of more dog breeds, young and old. I made stacks and stacks of them. So here are a few more.
you are free to use them.

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Hails from Switzerland

and here are some actions picts i made, and a few more golden retriever shots.
The last 2 are of my own dog.

#42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:54 PM

Hails from Switzerland

i forgot these:

and here is the last image i have to include a photo of my other dog, Tristan, or he will be upset.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Sugar Grove, Ohio, USA

Hails from United States

I have several pics of my rottweilers on http://www.myspace.com/dawnmarieohio

Let me know if you use any. They do have docked tails but there maybe something there for you. If you like them but don't see the pose you want, let me know and I will try to get for you.