WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:35 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from European Union
Paints for mural

I've been planning to paint a mural on cement wall. I totally forgot that I promised to do it this summer so it's about the time to start.

This would be my first mural ever. I don't know what kind of paints to choose for the work? I need to consider that part of a year the mural painting will spend out in approx. -5 F. It must tolerate cold temps. No rain or water will fall to that wall or painting.
Something else I should consider before starting the work?

Last edited by moscatel : 06-16-2019 at 09:04 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:25 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: Paints for mural

If/when the wall is clean, clear of chipped/cracked paint, regular latex house paint works well [in canada, brrr, rain and shine].

have a plan and have fun, murals are a blast

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 AM
Lord of the Arts

La, thank you for answering. Then I will go to a normal paint shop and buy normal paints. Will try to keep it simple. It's going to be one of Botticelli's paintings. Will post a photo of it when done.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2019, 01:47 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Canada

sweet! please share here when you're finished, or even before, works in progress are always fun to watch.

Which Botticelli are you planning? i've done his Calumny of Apelles piece, (on a 36x48 if i remember correctly) it's timelessly brilliant. Couldn't imagine doing it as a mural tho!

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Lord of the Arts

The original 'Calumny of Apelles' looks complicated.

I'm planning to do the Venus, but leaving out the other figures, only Venus, sea shell and the sea and sky. So I'm simplifying a lot. Can I find anywhere your 'Calumny of Apelles' mural?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2019, 10:20 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Canada

hrm, i couldn't find it either ... a WC! glitch i expect, i did post it here, not in this specific forum tho, maybe wip or oc.

anyway, it's not a mural, just a large-ish piece on canvas and i won't be finishing it to the level of detail of the original, holy smokes

sorry for the mild blur ...

la
Attached Images

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2019, 12:18 AM
Lord of the Arts

La, . It looks perfect finished to a level you did. Complicated enough! I wouldn't even dare to start 'Calumny of Apelles'. Thanks for posting!