WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Immortalized
Aldergrove, B.C.

Hails from Canada
Tuesday, 04/20 Show & Share!

Hey you guys!! Where's the eye candy?!? You don't think I keep coming back here for the chit chat? Okay, busted, I do so come for the chit chat - but eye candy is awesome too!!

Here's a new clasp idea I had, called a puzzle clasp, the two pieces fit together, and believe me they don't come undone - now to just find this thing a home! LOL! I wonder if I could get away with putting it on Ebay? Anyway, I made it for a findings class I taught, and it's still sitting here collecting dust, so I slapped a dichroic cabochon in it, and voila!! What do you think?!?
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
The Derbyshire Peak District

Hails from England
Re: Tuesday, 04/20 Show & Share!

Very very classy. I love your idea.

Lynne
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast
Columbus, OH

Hails from United States

ooh, if the stone were a different colour, I think I'd offer to buy it I am envious that you know how to make findings!! gahh, I have SO much to learn. (My next big project to tackle is going to be learning to sew. I will be a self-sufficient woman before long!!)

I will have a show and tell soon, I am finishing a bracelet today, whee!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
San Francisco Bay Area

Hails from United States

barrie, i really like the clasp. hmmm... looks like it would fit into the deep blue sea project.

the only things i've finished lately are eyeglass leashes. and believe me, they are VERY basic - using up some of my bead stash.

i have put together some materials for a necklace, but i'm not exactly sure how i'm going to incorporate the ribbon and fiber. here's a picture of what i'm working on...
Attached Images

Jumping Jack Glass... and Peanut too! / My Blog / My Main Etsy Shop
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Marfa, Texas

Hails from United States

What a great way to dress up any chain or cord! I'd wear it by itself! How big is that? I like the offset circles the design creates when connected. Tension keeps the little flat strip thingy on the back of the catch to the notched (granulated?) disk thingy? Sorry about using all that technical jargon.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Immortalized
Aldergrove, B.C.

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfire
What a great way to dress up any chain or cord! I'd wear it by itself! How big is that? I like the offset circles the design creates when connected. Tension keeps the little flat strip thingy on the back of the catch to the notched (granulated?) disk thingy? Sorry about using all that technical jargon.

The notched 'roller textured' disk thingy is about the size of a quarter (I can be technical too! ) And the stone 'just' fits the circle, and then tension takes care of the rest.

Thank you, Lynne!

MadameKali, I can always change the color of the stone! I have the technology! And the stones! LOL! Originally it was supposed to be malachite, then lace amethyst, then couldn't find them when I set the stone, so I stuck in a dichroic cab (I have tons).

Shirley, I love that combination, so pretty!! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Detroit, MI and part-time FL resident

Hails from United States

Ok, so here's what I've been up to the last two days...I mentioned in a few other posts that I'm working on some art purses atm....so here's a pic of the one I'm doing right now.

The name is still formulating in my brain as I put it together ( I have to really get the feel of it as I make it to get the right title...) but here's a pic of the front panel of the purse.

It's a sheet of watercolored Tvvek (Thanks SuzyQ for the lead!) which is then lined with a cotton print. It's embellished with stamps and embossing powder, images transferred onto fabric, some sketching by moi, an antique key, some grosgrain ribbon, and handmade papers.

The second pic is of the pocket...keep in mind I haven't done any of my stitching yet. It's still piecemeal as I glue bits and parts on and get all the major stuff there to do the sewing.

Third pic is just a view of the right side of the panel.

Let me know what you think!

~D.
Attached Images

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Marfa, Texas

Hails from United States

Shirley, I missed your necklace. I like the colors and I like the way you've laid out the fiber. Are those stone beads or glass?
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
San Francisco Bay Area

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfire
...Are those stone beads or glass?
here's a little "explanation"...

the stones are pietersite. i really like the colors in these elements, but they don't show up well in the picture. the larger pearls are a sort of dusky coppery light burgundy, and the smaller ones are darker burgundy.
Attached Images

Jumping Jack Glass... and Peanut too! / My Blog / My Main Etsy Shop