Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics rescuing brushes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Although we don’t plan to let acrylics dry in our brushes -it does happen to most of us, I am sure.
    I am starting this thread as an off-shoot of another “brush” topic wherein it was said that brushes with dried paint are “lost” brushes.
    I have found that a product called “Aquasol” can rejuvenate
    my bristle brushes reasonably well. I am not sure what that product can do for sable or nylon brushes, however.
    Does anyone know of any other helpful tips?

CarlyHardy

I’ve used a product called Brush Plus to remove dried acrylics from brushes. There are several cleaners on the market that will remove the dried paint. Sometimes it take soaking them overnight in the solution. When I soak overnight I don’t put the ferrule or handle section in the cleaner. I thoroughly coat the brush strands then sit it sideways in a shallow dish with the solution. This helps keep wooden handles from absorbing the moisture.

I have used several brands of these cleaners and do find that some work better than others. Read the directions for removal of dried paint, too!
        carly

There’s a brand of brush cleaner made by Stencil Magic…supposed to be for stencil brushes, but it works VERY well for removing just about any paint or stains from brushes, unless the paint has been in the brush for a very very long time. It also works as a great brush conditioner… I used it to clean a few brushes (natural bristle, sable, and synthetic) that were just stained, and not only did it remove the stain, but it also left the brushes softer, supple, and near perfect…almost like new.

Just my two cents.

Cassandra

——————
        *Are you wishing, or being?*

*Temet nosce.*

I apply my personality in a paste.

art@etsy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • The topic ‘rescuing brushes’ is closed to new replies.