Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting painting on plastic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    artlover55

I thought I had already posted this but it didn’t show up. I am doing an oil painting on an Egg made of heavy plastic. These eggs will sit on steel stands and be displayed throughout the village of Egg Harbor next summer. Any advise on how I should proceed with priming the plastic for the painting. Once it is painted I am going to let it dry through the winter and spring and then apply a marine varnish to keep it protected through the weather. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Dick

You did post this and I even replied to it.

Dick Hutchings
            Daniel Smith Essential 6 colors and Arches 140#

Dick

You posted this in the technical forum.

Dick Hutchings
                Daniel Smith Essential 6 colors and Arches 140#

Gigalot

I thought I had already posted this but it didn’t show up. I am doing an oil painting on an Egg made of heavy plastic. These eggs will sit on steel stands and be displayed throughout the village of Egg Harbor next summer. Any advise on how I should proceed with priming the plastic for the painting. Once it is painted I am going to let it dry through the winter and spring and then apply a marine varnish to keep it protected through the weather. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

I don’t see any reason to do that priming. Plastic do not need any protection from oil paint and it has reasonable adhesive properties if you try to sand it a little. :) Will bond with oil paint well.

Brian I moved it to the tech forum. Please check there.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • The topic ‘painting on plastic’ is closed to new replies.