Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Sunday 14th January 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    doppler

Good evening all.

Yesterday was revoltingly hot and humid. Storms came but were windless and so did the humidity creep up. Admittedly Lee and I had a bonfire in the morning. Now there’s stupid. Roger was fixing something for a friend. Today was windy with a hot wind. We decided to do a family (Roger me and the grandson ) lol aircon tour … car. Stopped at Bunnigs and got two pedestal fans, and at Aldi we got some tomatoes at feasible prices. The mango replacement is getting tired. They shall be scoffed with Icecream.

Cats are fine in the heat. They sleep on the tiled floor. It’s really cool. Shocked Eli yesterday by lying down next to her. Put ice in the water, Loki did the brave cat investigation thing, ready to spring backwards, and by the time she got to the water the ice was melted. A quick drink, and a what was that all about? And off to the tiles.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Good evening Annie, good morning all.

Sounds unbearable there, we had a clear night but no frost.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

This side was murky but again no frost Doug,just the same now.

Despite multiple awakenings wasn’t missing a lot of sleep…lots of small dreams though and bed looks like Hiroshima the day after!

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning Geoff, hazy sunshine here.

..lots of small dreams though and bed looks like Hiroshima the day after!

:lol: Same here, 7 hours +

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

-7 F. We’re to get snow tonight through to tomorrow morning. I’ll probably have to finally use the snowblower. Delivery men will appreciate it as they have been making the long trek up the drive on foot, afraid to back their vehicles up a driveway that has vanished under the snow.

Not a good sleep, so I’ll definitely warm the sheets again later.

Doug, I’m going to take up your suggestion this year and try to raise some potatoes. Purple ones, which are very high in antioxidants. I can order them in my new seed catalog.

I’m wondering if Michigan has a missile warning system?
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning all,
                It is 6:30 a.m. in still sleepy Oakwood. Cold, cold temps again today (not as bad as Bill’s but still looooowwwww). This is thanks to the Alberta Clipper as they call it coming down from Canada and moving across from the west. It will bring snow tomorrow. I hope it won’t be too much because I would hate to miss my art class again. :0

An onion bagel topped with cream cheese and lox for breakfast this morning. I’m looking forward to it. Then off to the grocery store to replenish fruit and veggies and a few other things.

Larry is worried about our furnace again. It doesn’t seem to be working right, ever since last week. It is a two stage furnace, runs on high for a while to bring up the temp, then low for a while to maintain it. It only seems to be running on the second stage and fighting the frigid temps outside and all the lovely windows we have that let the cold come in. Since it is Sunday and tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day and a holiday, I’m not sure if we can get the repairman back until Tuesday.

Annie, I feel for you and your fur kids because I do remember living in homes with no AC and hot, hot temps in the summer when I was growing up south of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Not fun at all.

:wave: to Geoff, Doug, Bill, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Sylvia, do you have a warranty on the furnace? If so, I’d call the repairman anyway if it’s not heating properly. I know what it’s like to worry about such things and I hate to see Larry stress over it.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

:wave:

Sooooooooooo hot. I don’t really mind.. I had my ceiling fan going in the lounge and my little clip on the table fan, a spray bottle, it is an empty rosewater bottle filled with fridge cold water. Smells awesome and so cooling.

Winds came through this afternoon and were oh so welcome. They cooled everything down and blew my office about. Small price to pay picking things up..

Bed for me.

have a good one :grouphug::heart::heart::heart::grouphug:

JJ
                    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                    MY BLOG
                    My Youtube videos

Uschi

Good Morning!!

The sun is up, another cold day but not as cold as yesterday, the wind made it really nasty.

No big plans for the day.

Sylvia, those things always seem to happen on the weekend when it is hard to get someone to come out. All I can suggest is what I said last time, check the little battery in the thermostat, it may give the furnace the wrong information. Hope you can get it fixed.

Bill, poor delivery people. Is there no way they can turn the vehicle around to go back out?

Doug, the length of your sleep has improved a lot lately.

Annie, does your house have an upstairs because that is what one really needs an AC for.

:wave: to you Geoff!!

Uschi

webLes

Morning all -16 just now the sun is shining and a salmon covered sky is beautiful . I haunt had breakfast yet Im waiting for the kettle to boil .

Lets hope you can get the snow blower working this morning Bill .

Hi Geoff Doug Annie JJ Uschi and any who follows

Les

Another post that didn’t appear!

Well, it is a comfortable 6C/45F here wit hazy sun.

I hope the snow blower does the trick Bill.

I would at least call the boiler engineer Sylvia.

Yes Uschi, but still having daytime naps :rolleyes:

Well, the Christmas Cactus is flowering again:

It’s an excellent plant, no trouble at all apart from growing too big.

Doug

Bill

Les, I fixed the snowblower a couple days ago.

Uschi, there is room for them to turn around, but they always want to back in. I think they don’t like to back into the road.

Beautiful cactus, Doug.

JJ, I just watched a program on an underground village in the Outback and the homes maintain temps from 65 to 75 F. Of course, they are five hundred miles from the nearest city.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shipbroker

Think it might snow here Doug…just above freezing and breezy.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

HarvestMoon

Doug I LOVE those doll houses!!! And gorgeous cactus!

Lulu that is funny about the name Linda. I actually never liked it!!

Steve your wife sounds amazing!!

Bill I am jealous I have never even seen a Kingfisher but want to!

I have gone from being dizzy mostly at night to all the time. Finally resorted to taking a prescription so I could get hubby to run me by Michaels for one thing of yarn and the good grocery store in Austin yesterday, which pooped me out. I have been playing this Wizard of Oz game (which my husband calls Candy Crush) too much, but that is about all I seem to want to do besides crochet while waiting for another life. It IS a waste of time, and seems to be highly addictive to boot. We have had a huge number of doves all winter, as well as other birds. But the entire flock of doves shows up at the same time.

Harvest Moon 🐐

Uschi

Doug, GORGEOUS cactus. Love the colour, most of the ones I have seen are pink.

Bill, but if there is space to turn they can drive in, turn and drive out, no reversing.

Linda, your Candy Crush is no different from cross word puzzle, sudoku, TV, most reading, etc. it is a way to fill our time and it is using the brain:D Sorry, you are so dizzy but glad you made it to Michaels.

Hi Les!

:wave: Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.