WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Member News and Events > Membership Professional News
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2003, 09:52 AM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
Yea? So?

Actually much congratulations!

You know I think your work is awesome and well deserved...now how about sending out feelers to galleries?

(pushing you i know ; )
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:19 AM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States
It is over

According to the materials they sent me, I am done. I am wondering how long it takes them to package up materials and ship them home, as I am still waiting with my breath held.

ARLENE.. The feelers are going numb.
I have this wonderful book I was going to get coached on this week. One of my fellow studio pals, said she used to work with art directors all the time and wanted to go over my presentation book.
I am at such a loss over what "FEELERS" should look like and do that I have almost crumbled.
The local gang knows me as a 50 year old "Kid" who hangs around the art walk. I stopped going by my little place because the owner is such a black hole of gloom and I have no protection from her defeatist attitude. I fear walking in because she is selling the idea of my portraits (which I don't really want her to, they are low dollar and MY deal, so I offered her 10% for referrals of pieces under $1000 and 20% if a bigger piece develops.) She tracked me down twice for a lady who ended up coming by my shop and getting a manicure. THAT is the lowest of low for me. I am trying so hard to get OUT of that and all she wanted was a nice little chat. I just clammed after that and started preparing materials.
It seems contra productive to SEND slides right off the bat. Too expensive for me and lots of the galleries in my area are at a loss to look at them, so I am making catelogue sheets and little brochures.
Well..... I am late for the cuticle mines and will get back to you on this!!!
THANKS as ever for your support.
dj*
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:25 AM
A Local Legend
USA, GA

Hails from United States
Wonderful show DJ. I'm so proud of you and I sure hope that someone really cool will "discover" you really soon. You deserve all the breaks life can give you.