Home Forums The Learning Center Studio Tips and Framing Floating watercolor in frame

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Beedle

Hello, everyone,

I would like to float a sheet of handmade paper(with 4 deckled edges) on top of another sheet of Rough or #300 paper. The Rough paper will be the entire background. I am flummoxed as to finding the sort of frame with a very narrow edge to do this. The biggest issue seems to be the separation of the work from the plexiglass.
        (I think plexiglass is the only option as the whole will be a 22X30 job.)

Any ideas or experiences in accomplishing this sort of frame job?
        Michaels? Dick Blick?

Thanks, in advance!
        k

ksd
        "The (presumed) inability to reason does not diminish the value of a life” JM Coetzee -"The Lives of Animals”

contumacious
            Beedle

Do you want something like this?

[url]https://www.designsinkart.com/library/WAM-FloatingDeckleEdgedWatercolors201310.htm[/url]

I think that would do it! :clap: Thank you so much. I will post the result…when I have it…being a new technique to me, it may take a bit of time :angel:
                K

ksd
                "The (presumed) inability to reason does not diminish the value of a life” JM Coetzee -"The Lives of Animals”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.