WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#196   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Behind the Orange Curtain

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - May

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzigoot
the lake is the deepest in the state and always cold. This time of year it hovers around 70 degrees.
When I was a teenager we made a trip to FL and I was amazed at the Atlantic ocean... just frolicked right out there, like it was a bathtub or something. The beach water I grew up around runs mid-60s in the summer, and don't even ask in the winter. I went swimming on Easter break one year and quickly had feet that were *numb*. So Cal is famous for temperate sunny weather, but that cold ocean current will get your attention! We did have water temps in the low 70s a couple summers ago and everyone blamed global warming

On the other hand I visited Ireland and saw surfers there in the Atlantic. In OCTOBER, people. Can we all say 7mil wetsuit? Along with the surfers there was a man who rode his horse down the city streets to the beach, worked with the horse there for quite a while, then headed back into town. Must be nice!

DJ* - how was dinner with your stepdad?

Like everyone else my head is spinning trying to keep up with everything... still sneaking a sketch in here and there though, gotta stay sane somehow. For now a general Howdy to all!
  #197   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Florida

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - May

Ron, we are going to schedule the moving van for June 18. Guy will fly out to meet it and then fly back to me. We will live in our trailer until closing in order to take care of the house. It is all so difficult we are just circling the wagons and hanging together. We will stay in the trailer park until we find or build our next home.

Jo, I love the sign, it will be a welcome and good for you to face the lake.

CK, the trouble with the warmer water, it can breed bacteria. In Florida we get red tide at times, it kills fish and you can't swim in the water then.

Linda, it must be great to have a sister that paints out, do you ever paint out together? I love the technique of using just transparent paint and glazing. I did it on my Hawaii painting, I will show the sequence in my blog when I move and have time.