Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Hello. New from Texas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    psophie

I joined the forum a few weeks ago and have been taking a look around. I can’t say that I’ve even scratched the surface of all the information available here.

At the young age of 67, I’ve decided I want to draw something other than stick figures and smiley faces. I see that your drawing classroom is still open and I plan to start going through the lessons. I also have an interest in watercolor, colored pencil, nature journaling, and tapestry weaving.

Jon

Hello and thank you for introducing yourself. :)
            Yes, there is a great deal of information here and some very nice people, too.
            Keep wandering the halls because information is being added each and every day.
            FYI
            * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
            * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
            * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
            *You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name
            * You must have two written posts prior to being able to upload an image

When you are reading a post inside a thread, as you are now, you will notice another blue bar just atop of your first post. Look toward the right and you will see the Thread Tools option and here is where you click to see options such as choosing to subscribe for an Email update to the thread or add the thread to your favorites so you may easily find it in the future.

Greggo

Welcome to the WC Welcome Forum!

This is the place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
                The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
                Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
                Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Hi, it’s nice to meet you.

The drawing classroom is great. I still like to read through them myself from time to time.

Enjoy the forums and welcome!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Hello psophie – welcome!

I’m glad to hear of your interest in developing drawing skills. They will serve you well throughout your artistic endeavors. The classroom is a great place to start but don’t lose heart when you don’t progress as rapidly as you’d like. It’s a skill and that takes time and practice to develop but anybody can learn to do it. I started this thread to encourage beginning drawers which I hope will help when you feel frustrated that things aren’t looking the way you’d like. They will get all sorted in time – trust me. :)

talisman

WC! is a great place to learn new things and make friends!
                    Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
                    Have fun exploring lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
                    Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                    C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.