WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2019, 04:40 PM
New York City

Hails from United States
Re: Daytripper — Prolific Painter out of business now?

I'm glad they got in contact with you.

On the link the specs are listed:

Quote:
The Sienna Plein Air Canvas/Panel Holder's dimensions are: 14 1/4" (36 cm) long; 8" (20 cm) wide; 3" (7.5 cm) deep. Weight is 3 pounds.

The palette box weighs 5.5 lbs, if you got them together you'd be 8.5 lbs in weight before anything else...that's kind of heavy.

Let us know how your painting goes, and how you like your new gear!

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2019, 09:05 PM

No, the largest Coulter palette box which I bought is 4 lbs, not 5.5 lb.— heavy, but worth the extra palette and shelf space for me.
And the Sienna Compact small panel holder is 1.5 lbs. so combo is 5.5 lbs.
Scroll down page for Coulter palette box specks
https://artboxandpanel.com/collections/16679

Here is Richeson specs Sienna Compact Panel holder. I accidently posted the larger Sienna panel holder above.
The one that is 3 lbs is larger for big canvases. The compact smaller one is very Lightweight at 1.5 lb.
So its 4 lb plus 1.5 lb. it will take canvasses 6”-20 inch” high

https://products.richesonart.com/pro...-canvas-holder

The Daytripper combo is less weirght by 1.5 lbs I believe, but the palette is smaller.

Last edited by chamisa : 10-24-2019 at 09:25 PM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast
Florissant, MO

Hails from United States

Sometimes stuff happens and a business just doesn't measure up no matter how good the product or how hard they try.

But that does not excuse this business for making the customer pay to return an item that was shipped after the order was canceled due to lack of action and communication by the business.

Rather than rant ( 👍👍👍👍👍👍 ) I'd just like to say that businesses like that one really make me angry. 😡
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2019, 10:28 PM

I purchased this product - paid $311 for it on AUG 30 2019 and never received it. I tried contacting them via email more times than I can count... I got a couple of replies that gave me hope it would be delivered, but most went without response. There is a phone number listed on PayPal, but it is not a real number. Who does that? Takes money from artists and then lies about providing a product and leaves a bogus phone number to make sure you can’t reach them? I sent yet another email that I would be happy to pay when the easel shipped. Waited, waited, waited. Sent another email to follow up on when it would ship and this time did get a reply saying they cancelled my order. I checked PayPal - no refund! Cancelled the order and no refund? Who does this? After 3 months I have disputed the charge with visa. As far as I am concerned Prolific Painter Joshua Been is at best incompetent and at worst a thief. DO NOT SUPPORT OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM PROLIFIC PAINTER!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2019, 08:59 PM

DeBlack — I’m so sorry you ALSO went through this with them!
Hopefully your VISA card will refund you. But VISA can also make it difficult to dispute a charge.

It gets even worse —Yesterday they did finally credit my VISA account but took off for shipping and handling. So I have paid them shipping and handling, plus expedited shipping charge on the one I bought to get in time for my workshop, plus return shipping to them all for NOTHING...due to their dishonesty and incompetence.

The only positive thing was I ended up with was a much better quality panel holder by getting the Sienna. Daytripper panel holder is really cheap and flimsy. I don’t know how their palette is made as I got the Coulter one. And Coulter gave me excellent service.
Good luck to you!

Last edited by chamisa : 10-30-2019 at 09:09 PM.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2019, 04:09 PM

I had almost the same experience. Ordered from him, my paypal was charged and I did not hear anything for months. I tried contacting him and then finally filed a dispute with my CC for the amount. He then emailed me that he had been traveling and was delayed in processing my order. I told him not to bother as by that time we were going on four months. I am sure he means well, and has great products, but you can't actually get them once you order them!