Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting As the Oily Rag Burns….. June 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works…photos..or just come and chat…Everyone is welcome…!!!
        :cat: :envy: :evil: :lol: :wave: :wink2: :heart: :cool: :o :thumbsup: :confused:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

mtpalms

:wave: Good Morning Oilycats!!!

How can it possibly be June already? :clear:

New link to my latest work.[/url]
            "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
            But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Carey Griffel

Hi Becca and Marcia!

Marcia, *I have no idea*! It’s crazy!

June has started well here so long as I don’t go outside. :p We broke a lot of fuses today. …on purpose. :p We are doing an electronics unit. We were only supposed to do a couple of fuses to see what would happen, but the kids woulda sat there hours breaking dozens if we could. :lol:

As for outside, it’s getting hot and humid already. :( …And oh my gosh the bugs! We have these tiny biting flies that are just *horrid*.

* Zaney Zebras (blog) * facebook art page * facebook floral design page * Recipe Blog *
                "...I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, discover that I have not lived." ---Henry David Thoreau

!becca

Making me feel lucky here and honestly have been feeling unlucky for being soooo cool…barely making it to 70 today…no bugs..!!!!

Glad you are having fun with fuses…

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
                    Becca's Fine Art

mtpalms

:wave: Happy Caturday Oilycats!!!

…June has started well here so long as I don’t go outside. :p

I am about to join your ranks. It was ridiculously cool this morning when I got up at 5:30 (yesterday was exhausting, went to bed early), like 55º, but it is supposed to get to 97º this afternoon, 102º tomorrow. Once the ground starts to get baked and hold heat, the nights slowly warm up too.

!becca

Marcia, hope you aren’t melting about now…beautiful day here…had to take an excursion across town but was a great day for the walk…undecided if I’ll make it to the Starlight Parade here tonight or not…considering it, but then with such great weather may be difficult to get a good spot…will decide in about 3 1/2 hours…

Becca's Fine Art

Carey Griffel

Haha, silly kitty!

Oh Marcia, yeah, that heat is hitting early this year, it seems to me.

I may have just stumbled upon looking at art supplies this evening. This cracked me up!

* Zaney Zebras (blog) * facebook art page * facebook floral design page * Recipe Blog *
                                "...I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, discover that I have not lived." ---Henry David Thoreau

mtpalms

:lol: Skeezix caught a mouse day before yesterday, and she was “Ms Big Cat” until I made her hand it over. The next morning while I was having my coffee on the porch, she was stalking the chainlink fence and caught some fuzz from a cushion. Maybe she thought it was another mouse? Her tail puffed out and she hightailed it into the house with her ‘prize’. Then she brought it back out, dropped it on the cement, and the look on her face her face was like, “That was a dirty trick”.

That is a pretty brush, did you buy anything?

I didn’t quite melt today, but when it tips over into triple digits tomorrow, the AC is going on in the studio! No guilt, since this house is solar powered, during the day, anyway. At night, it reverses and pulls power from Edison. I do try to be conservative during the day though, so the credits can build up.

!becca

It’s really not that early for heat…memorial day weekend normally marks the triple digits in KS anyway…I feel it has been extra cool here…today maybe hit 80, but tomorrow only looking for 66…

Glad Skeetz only got the furball..lol…nasty trick for sure..

as for the AC…sometimes you’v got to use it.

Becca's Fine Art

artist123

I forgot and posted this in last month so copied and past it here.

I’ve been busy traveling and not much time to paint. I got a few watercolors done while I was in Vegas. Foundmy hockey team. Golden Knights. Neice got married in Vegas, Daughter will have her graduation there next weekend but its the same day as Granddaughters graduation in Grans Pass. Mil’s not doing well-Had stroke 2 weeks ago and is in rehab. Less than a week home and got to go again. Unpack so I can pack. When we get home from the graduation same thing unpack and pack for DH”s class reunion. Then company and after that family reunion. I need my son’s fifth wheel with the toy hauler so I can use it for a traveling art studio.
                                            I’m worried about MIL she’s 99.

NancyMP

Marcia, I think my melting point is about the same as for that cat! :cat: Our AC failed on Thursday, and the guy who came to fix it was here almost all day Friday.

I thought I was gonna melt!:eek:

Carey, it seems the same here – I think there are a lot of odd weather changes this past year. Our winter was oddly long for a southern state, and now that it’s swelter season, it’s up into the 90s and, because of the moisture in the air, it feels more like the hundreds.:wave:

Becca, it sounds like you’re fairly cool, and that is soooo good!:smug:

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

mtpalms

:wave: Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Mary, a toy hauler used as a studio is a great idea! Sorry to hear your MiL is not doing well. :(

Nancy, do the air conditioning gods have a grudge? Glad the AC got fixed in a hurry this time though.

I had to change out a swamp cooler pump day before yesterday in on of the chapels we burn candles in, and one of the lines we call spiders, that carries the water to the soaking pads was clogged, so I need to replace it this morning. If the chapels get too warm, the wax melts, and either the wicks slump into the liquid wax, or they fall against the glass and explode. It is an odd business, but apparently very profitable, judging by all of the candles we burn.

On the opposite side of things, Becca, I am glad you are getting a warm day today, hopefully it will be sunny too.

Visited with some friends who have friends visiting from Santa Rosa. They want us up there for a visit, and they insist we must stay at least a week. Oh hell yeah! And a group of girlfriends have tentative plans to visit Santa Fe at the end of June for a few days. Hoping to go with them. :crossfingers:

!becca

Yes, Nancy…what is it with your AC…glad it is running again…

Mary, that is a lot of travel..

speaking of..Marcia…sounds like you have some great summer plans…hope they all work out.

today was forecast to be cloudy and cooler…but so far no clouds and they’v bumped the temps up a few degrees….will see what happens.

Becca's Fine Art

mtpalms

I replaced all the necessary parts, but when I turned it on, the water wasn’t flowing like it should, even with a new pump.:confused: Tried a couple obvious things, then pulled the pum and discovered some debris had gotten in it and impeded the flow. Stuck it in a bucket, blew out the clog and all was right as rain. Whew.

Bf is supposed to go back east for a wedding at the end of June, and he still hasn’t bought his tickets. Grrrrrrr.

artist123

Thursday I can wave at Becca we go through Portland. We should find out soon if we pick up our grandson from an art college there. I think its the art institute. I looked at pictures and the building looks about right from what I might remember from when we dropped him off.
                                                                I’m not sure what he is taking but more with computers than painting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.