Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel…May 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE April 2016…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!

For a complete critique post in the main forum!!! :wave:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

New one under way….

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
            Bob Dylan.

BobPi

Nice composition, Michael. Looks like you’re off to a good start. Hope to see more of this piece.

Bob Cairone
                www.cairone.com

Dan-007

Close up of a bigger painting

mtpalms

Nice start, and good progress from two of my favorite artists to watch here on WOYE. :)

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                        "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                        But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Eu_citzen

Nice work, as usual, Dan!

Michaelshane

Every time I look at this on the computer screen I see problem areas.

Bob Dylan.

Michaelshane

I love these lead primed panels.Im using transparent red oxide and Viridian.Its simple to moisten a brush with turpentine and push the paint around or just scrub it out.

Bob Dylan.

Michaelshane

Once I get everything looking right I’m going to use a knife and brush to apply thick strokes of paint.

Bob Dylan.

anth_knight

Hi all, managed to have another couple of months with picking a brush up – again – but back in the game now. Finishing several WIPs off, this being the first:

It’s not the best image and crops the top and bottom of the painting, but you get the idea. Hope to finish this one at the weekend.

Anth

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

Cassandra_Fay

Michael that’s looking wonderful! Dan, amazing horses as always. I don’t know why but I don’t see an image in your post anth knight.

I’m working on 2 stadium paintings on 24×36″ canvases and a 16×20″ copy of a painting I did about 15 years ago, none of them are at a stage to be shown yet though. Soon!

mtpalms

Michael[/B], I experience the same thing when I post an image of a wip. I guess it is similar to turning a piece upside down or looking at it in a mirror, to find things that are a little off. The eye is seeing the image in a different context and it breaks the connection between what the mind thinks it sees, and what it actually looks like.

Anyway, I like her as she is, and thank you for the insight on your process, and the colors you use initially. I have seen your underpaintings before, and they don’t seem quite as detailed as this one, am I correct?

Anth, this is really great! That water couldn’t look wetter! The jeans and shoes have a very cloth like feel. Glad to see you posting again.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                                    "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                                    But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

anth_knight

Michael that’s looking wonderful! Dan, amazing horses as always. I don’t know why but I don’t see an image in your post anth knight.

I’m working on 2 stadium paintings on 24×36″ canvases and a 16×20″ copy of a painting I did about 15 years ago, none of them are at a stage to be shown yet though. Soon!

Not sure what’s going on there Cassandra, I’ll be reposting when it’s finished so hopefully you’ll be able to see it then :)

Thanks Marcia (forgive me if I’ve got your name wrong, it’s been a while lol), glad you like it :)

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

Tiny standing stones is getting somewhat closer. I’m pondering the green on the rocks- I had changed them to be more bluegrey but I really wasn’t wild about how dis-unifying it was and wiped it off.

[/url]

The Ball House painting is coming along. Still more work on the sky and blackberry shrubbery needed but the house itself is pretty close.
                                                        [/url]

anth_knight

Love the Ball House, couldn’t ask for any more atmosphere! Nice work :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.