Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Whiskey, neat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bhamhawker

Just finished this today, in between naps for the toddlers and newborn. First real attempt at something other than a landscape (or a tutorial) and I really enjoyed it. My wife and I setup a small photoshoot in the kitchen with some whiskey bottles and glasses we had on hand, and then I printed out some that I liked in order to paint from them.

This is 12″x12″, oil on aluminum composite.

IronPawn

Nicely done!

Zoran

TomMather

I’ll try a shot of that.

123harry

Nice. I like the warm whiskey palette!

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

I like this a lot, it’s good to have a partner to help out with set up as well, that’s awesome. It’s very clever the way you depicted the alcohol trailing along the inside of the glass. Wine aficionados call this residue the “legs” . I was backpedaling in the forum , and thought this very well done. Thanks for sharing your painting! I have finished just a few still life’s, plan to step up my game in the arena, I think they reveal great insights into painting, as they are usually painted from life.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

bhamhawker

Wow thanks a ton! Scared me for a second when I clicked and was like “wait, that’s my painting! oh, wait, it’s my old post!”

Art is frightening isn’t it? It scares me, and I have always said I’m fearless. Wade.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

Freesail

Very cool, fantastic for a home bar.

Solvent = Leaner Oil = Fatter Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
                            carolkay

Very nice .. I like the reflections

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                              Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.