Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    carolyn2001

Does anyone have experience with this site?

Yesterday I joined for the 3-month free trial via North Light Books’s VIP program. I followed North Light’s direction on how to use the promo code while checking out.

It doesn’t work. There are no instructions on the Artistnetwork site as to how to register for the free trial. I then registered for the 6-month subscription using the promo code and it still does not work. Help!

I emailed them, I emailed North Light, no response yet.

It’s a very vague website. I just ended up purchasing a 6-month subscip. to one workshop! So, that is a problem that will have to be dealt with.

I can’t find a phone number on that site. I’ll call North Light later but it’s not their problem, really.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        Carolyn

olliewood0702

Carolyn,

I don’t believe that you have to PAY for a subscription to this website. I have it saved in my favorites and visit it quite frequently.

This is the site I visit

http://forum.artistsnetwork.com/

Just what type of subscription are you trying to purchase?

I believe the same company who owns Northlight book club, also owns this website AND Wetcanvas. They also own Watercolor and American Artist Magazines I believe.

Someone hopefully will jump in and tell me if I’m wrong.

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

carolyn2001

Darla, part of that whole network is what is called artistworkshop.tv. You can purchase individual workshops, a 6-month subscription, or, if you purchase a VIP program at North Light Books, it includes a 3-month FREE subscription to artistworkshop.tv.

I emailed and heard back from them a few minutes ago….problem solved with my accessing the workshops.

It seems to be a great deal. And, since I am more computer ILITERATE than I thought……Julie was able to help me twice with negotiating the whole process.

Carolyn

faith restored in the universe….:clap: :clap:

olliewood0702

WHOOHOO, glad you got it figured out now Carolyn,

HAPPY PAINTING!! :D

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

Catwoman2

Glad to hear everything worked out for you — please let us know how you like the videos, as I’ve been considering a subscription, but am concerned about the clarity of the videos on my computer monitor. I have found that when I try to view videos in the full screen mode, the images are kind of fuzzy, yet I really need the large display so I can see all of the details.

Thanks!

Susan

carolyn2001

Ya, even with my issues of being computer-challenged, I think they could be more explicit with the directions on their website. But, I have to give them credit for their excellant customer service (both NL Books and artistnetwork.tv). They answered my emails by 10 a.m.

I’ve watched part of two videos and I’m happy with the quality. I expand to full screen and it is clear enough for me.

I do wish they had more watercolor videos, though. There are some painters that I would just love to see and I know they have DVDs out.

I would recommend it. For the $49 you get the 3 months of unlimited video watching and either a year of Artist’s Magazine or one book from a limited selection. Good deal.

Onward to watching and learning!
                            Carolyn :thumbsup: :clap:

gmarie

So glad “all is well” Carolyn!
                                Thanks for your excellence in comment & communication.
                                Your information is much appreciated.
                                I’ve been “learning as I go” concerning the computer,
                                in order to enjoy the camaraderie here.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gladys Marie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] "I'm somewhere...in the future...and I look much better than I look right now!" [FONT="Garamond"]...KIM CLEMENT
                                [FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful!!! [FONT="Garamond"]...MAE WEST
                                [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*WETCANVAS MEMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD*[/B][/U][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

Shirl Parker

Thank you for asking this question. I got a notice about this offer a while back and I was going to sign up for it, and then lost the link. Now I can do it.

Shirl
                                    http://picasaweb.google.com/shirlrparker/myart
                                    “Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.” - The Puppy Zone

Catwoman2

I’ve watched part of two videos and I’m happy with the quality. I expand to full screen and it is clear enough for me.

Thanks, Carolyn!

Susan

pamshowcase

I have a 6 month unlimited viewing subscription and am very pleased. I have learned a lot and being able to repeat lets you get details you may have missed, We travel in a motorhome and I get reception via air card with just minimal occasional short delays. I recommend highly, found I can shoot the computer screen for a printed reference,

nola276

I would like to try this too, but unfortunately I don’t have unlimited download option on by broadband, only 2 gig a month, so not much point. Nola.

Cheers, Nola.

Better to be over the hill than under it!:thumbsup:
                                                http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

mems

Hello Everyone, I am really new to watercolor but trying to learn as much as I can and I’m so happy to be able to connect with Wet Canvas. You all are awesome and really helpful. Trying to learn more I went further a field and went to artistnetwork.tv and paid $56.98 for a beginners course with Jan Fabian Wallake. I have had a few problems with this web site. First one was with my log in. It was okay for awhile then quit. I sent an email to them and it did get straightened out. Now I have not been able to get on the the lessons I have paid for because it is always ….buffering. This has been going on for 3 days. Again I went to their customer service and I’m still waiting for a reply. If any of you are thinking of taking lessons from this site be ready for frustration. LIVE AND LEARN

4evrAutumn

I have a 6 mo. watercolor subscription to artist network.tv. There are over 70 videos and I really have enjoyed most of them. But, I too have had the buffering issues. It is so frustrating! I have a high speed Internet connection and don’t have these buffering issues with any other video sites, and I’ve read online of others having the same issues, so I’m pretty sure the problem is with artistnetwork video formatting. Sadly, I won’t be renewing my subscription when it’s up. Too bad because they really do have lots of great videos for a very good price.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Diana

"Your blue might be grey, your less might be more. Your window to the world might be your own front door . . . " Blackhawk
                                                        mems

Thanks for the reply, Diana. It really is a shame because they do have a lot to offer.

4evrAutumn

Thanks for the reply, Diana. It really is a shame because they do have a lot to offer.

You’re very welcome. I feel your pain. :crying:

There are two other sites I really enjoy watching and learning from their videos. I hope it’s ok to post the names. The first is fairly new called Art Tutor. It was started by Bob Davies and other artists. It has a small monthly fee or one can subscribe for a longer time period. Joanne Boon Thomas who used to post here is a regular, as is Sian Dudley amd her hubby. Love their videos! :clap:

The other site is The Painting and Drawing Channel. It is free and has a dozen or more videos every week. I’m a big Geoff Kersey fan so am very happy to see his videos on there.

Hope this helps other noobies like me. :cat:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Diana

"Your blue might be grey, your less might be more. Your window to the world might be your own front door . . . " Blackhawk
                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.