Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Cherries (2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hamburgefions

Sometimes I wonder why one should spent 6 or 8 weeks on one painting? But then again, in my case, I think it’s the nature of the beast.
        And the day I can make a good painting in one hour or maybe one day, I won’t hesitate.

..beauty shrivels, but might turn into someting else, maybe more beautiful? I don’t know. All I could do is ask the question by making another second version.

Both are done in oils with a very thin acrylic underpainting.

ronsu18

a surprising change of vision and the surrealism works well! i like the way you’ve translated the first story to color and texture, the black, elusive marks gain considerable mass, and the anti-gravitational black cherries work so wonderfully that i personally would like a similar incident once among the upper cherries. the style is very minimalist though, so that’s probably just me. the black cherries create really good vertical tension by division. a tablecloth chimera!

C&C welcome

Dcam

Mark….I just like them both very much. The departure is always a challenge and sometimes refreshing. Great paintings , both.

Great works!

And the day I can make a good painting in one hour or maybe one day, I won’t hesitate

My thoughts exactly, thus far I have never started an oil painting and finished it in a short period of time. I am not sure if I will ever be able to feel as good about my quick works as I (sometimes) do about ones on which I have worked for days/months.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.