Home Forums Explore Media Scratchboard Art Cheetah – FINISHED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    03ahmed

Hi everyone!

Well I couldn’t resist so I have started another wip on a small 8×10 board. It is a cheetah and the reference is from Tambako the Jaguar.

I wanted to start a cougar instead for an entry to the southwest art magazine 21 under 30 competition but came across a problem when reading about the rules, as it states a reference by another photographer can’t be used. :( I am still trying to think of a solution because I really wanted to enter.:crossfingers:

Well anyway this is my first cheetah and I like how it is turning out so far. I still need to go over the eyes again to get that smooth effect.

I will also be doing a full background piece with a zebra soon too! Yeh, I know me doing an animal other than a big cat.:eek:

As always all C and Cs are welcome! Hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.:)

[FONT=Century Gothic]Irfan Ahmed
        New Website[/COLOR][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][FONT=Century Gothic] /Blog/Facebook

Harry Seymour

Yes, this is clearly a Irfan–full of intrigue and mystery. Great start.

"Your eyes bring joy beyond my own"
            Rodman

Love your WIP’s….there’s nothing like watching beauty unfold.

wildlifeart89

Stunning, love those eyes. Excited to see how this turns out!!:)
                    Paige:D

[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Arial]"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
                    [FONT=Arial]It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out.
                    [FONT=Arial]It doesn't matter much to me."
                    [/COLOR]

SueR

Rod’s right…it is fun to see things come alive!
                        This looks great so far… :)

Sue "Dusty"
                        Don't worry about life, you'll never get out alive.

OnyxFyre

I always love your WIPs! You always seem to portray emotion really well in your work!

PatrickHedges

Oh yes, these bare bones have the makings of something special!!

lorna12

I’ll be following along!

Irfan…didn’t you take a bunch of good photos from the zoo, that you could choose from for the competition?

Lorna Hannett.com[/URL]
                                    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

artofnature

Looking fantastic Irfan. Such mystery. Tambako is a favourite of mine too and his photos are just getting better and better.

birdlover

Love the lighting all ready.

Angela

03ahmed

Thanks everyone! I am glad you are all liking my first cheetah!:D

Most of it is still in the rough scratching stage. I am going to try and reink somehow since I don’t have an airbrush and then bring out the highlights. Cristina really is inspiring!!:D

Lorna – Yip, I did get some decent shots at the zoo, but I know for a fact that for that particular competition, wildlife associated with the southwest is given preference as I looked through past winners. I don’t have any references of those animals.:( Maybe next year. :)

[FONT=Century Gothic]Irfan Ahmed
                                                New Website[/COLOR][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][FONT=Century Gothic] /Blog/Facebook

FoggyMountain

Looking fantastic so far. Good luck with the competitions.

aaces

Off to a great start 03!
                                                        No airbrush eh?……
                                                        Cristina did a piece without her airbrush by using a q-tip (cotton swab) if I remember right. Charlie Ewing uses a sinle pantyhose footy filled with cloth, and twisted into a ball as a “poorman’s” airbrush. There are other ways to get the effect. Experiment a little and see if you can come up with an alternative until you can get one.
                                                        Good luck Man!

Allan
                                                        I've been Scratching in public more. The reactions from people who see me doing it are well worth it. www.sitekreator.com/aaces or my new site at www.acescratch.weebly.com

lorna12

Irfan…I use an appropiate sized of paintbrush and some diluted ink and have for years. I apply it and then dab it off with a kleenex tissue and keep doing that until until I’m satisfied with the color/shading.

Lorna Hannett.com[/URL]
                                                            Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Garbonzo

This is looking great Irfan. I use the technique that Lorna mentioned quite a bit. Depends on what it is I’m doing. Something else you can try to soften and fade the edges of water friendly mediums is to use two brushes. One larger that you load with clean water and wet the area you intend to color. (Not super wet and not just damp. You need to have enough water to carry and disperse the medium.) The second brush is for the color. Apply the color where you want it darkest and let it the edges fade into the surrounding water. The color tends to thin and fade away from the initial application. It takes a little practice, but not much, to get the hang of it. If this is something you are already aware of, I apologize. I know you use acrylics so I may be preaching to the choir. :D If not it might be worth playing with.

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]HAROLD FARLEY MSA
                                                                www.haroldfarley.weebly.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.