Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #593: Jun 29 – Jul 8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Art from Life forum:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are our rules for this Hunt:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
    * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
    * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
    * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to
    finish the entire list to participate! Scavenger Hunt #61 will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #593: Jun 29 – Jul 8

Items for this hunt:

Stove Top
    Briefcase/Computer Case
    Dress Shoe
    Post Office
    Outside Chair
    Sleeping bag
    Two vegetables
    Potato Peeler
    Welcome mat
    Door bell
    Part of your backyard or landscape
    Something in the Fridge
    Bookshelf
    Slippers
    Measuring Spoons
    Measuring cup/cups
    Paint tube
    Something used for housework
    Flashlight (torch)
    Something you wear
    Something white
    A compound word
    Food that you don’t like
    Something you look through
    Something sticky
    Something that jingles

Challenge one item in two different media
    Still life with three items from the list

Have fun!

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

Thank you for the list Jo.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Jo!

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Jo, thanks for the new list.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Joan T

This has a story. I stopped in the small town of Round Pond to sketch. I saw this tiny house and sat across the street in the shade to paint it. I was almost done when the owner wandered over to see what I was doing and he started telling me about the house. I asked him how big it was and he said there was a combined living room/kitchen downstairs and a bedroom and bath upstairs. He and his wife invited me for a tour. Outside were two small buildings. One was used partly for storage and then the other side was a small bedroom. There was just enough room for a bed lengthwise in the room and a tiny table. The other building had a set of bunk beds that took the whole wall and a washer dryer. The house itself was great, with storage tucked into every conceivable spot. There was no oven, microwave, or TV, but it had shelves and shelves of books and a few antiques. We talked for quite a while and then I went back and finished the painting. I figured I would show the couple the finished painting which was in my moleskine sketchbook and they wanted to buy it. So I snipped it out and it is now in their hands. They also took me on a tour of the peninsula where they live showing me a gorgeous view of a lupine field and a view of an island across the cove. The couple was really sweet and have used this as their summer home for 30 years. It has been in several magazines.

1 – part of the backyard or landscape – watercolors
                    2 – something (partly) white

Joan T

3 – something in the fridge (I took him out to be sketched) – direct watercolor

I am attaching two photos of Toby, who is freaking out right now because of the thunder. He is a medium sized dog…part schnauzer I think. My sister’s family rescued him right before Christmas. She thinks he has grown as big as he will be, but i guess that depends on what else is in the mix. He has finally gotten used to me and has pretty much stopped jumping up and scratching my arm in excitement…now he usually sits quietly next to me on the couch. Will see if I can get a sketch done of him.

Hi everyone. Joanna worked on my computer today but had to take it with her. So no sketching.

Joan, what a great house and story. And a sale. The lobster is so colorful. Toby is cute, thanks for sharing.

Pine Cone

Jo — Thanks for a fun new list :) Wishing your daughter good luck on your Mac!

Joan — Fantastic story to start off this event!!! Your paintng is wonderful and I’m sure they will treasure it. A truly lovely and serene place. And Toby is such a sweetheart 😍 Thanks for sharing these pics !

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Sketched on the porch in the big book. Prismacolor 03. Challenge of three items together.
                            Number 1, 2, 3 – measuring cup, potato peeler and measuring spoons

Eye

Joan: Gorgeous start with the charming cottage and the super lobster. I hope Toby calm downs for you to sketch him.

Jo: Hello. … Nice trio set of sketch.

This evening we went out to the area near the mud sea of Bangkok. We parked our car and took a short boat ride to the restaurant situates on a shrimp farm. We had a great time. … done with directwatercolor

PS. the giant net above water on top left was a type of Thai fishing equipment called Yor, we put the bait in the middle of the net and lower it underwater for a couple hours, then lift it up to collect fish or shrimp or crab…

#1 compound word — shrimp farm dinner

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Aii …what did you catch?

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

Jo – the house is neat and the story is super. Great story and experience. The coloring on the lobster is terrific.

Ai – Nice painting and love you posted a photo.

Jo – Thanks for the list.

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Joan T

Jo, thanks. I hope Joanna has success with the computer.

Pine Cone, thank you. I did enjoy meeting the couple and seeing their house. I googled the house and found an article that was written about it with lots of photos. It was really cool!

Ai, fun sketch of the net and the fishing area. Did you actually catch anything?

Joe, thanks. The couple was really interesting and I enjoyed hearing about their house, especially since it was so unusual.

Joan T

3 – compound word (lobster trap) – direct watercolor
                                                4 – something you look through (leaves on a tree) – watercolors

Ai, great direct sketch. Interesting way to catch dinner.

Joe, hey there.

Joan, another dinner catcher. Pretty scene. I like the colors you used.

Thanks all y’all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.