Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 8th Nov (and first, sorta) leafy mess

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m back from a long holiday, but my muse/mojo is still out there somewhere.
    Last week I just got as far as the underpainting, but here it is.
    , inktense on canvas board.

This week I attempted to create a batik=ish background, crumpling and dabbing, ruined several pieces of cheap wc paper, and this is “in the spirit of WDE”.
    acrylics on wc paper, dunno how long I spent.

Maybe next week!
    Thanks, Li, for hosting!

Wendy C&C always welcome
    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

lisilk

I love the leaves. The crumpling technique is perfect for that effect and you really got the look of water! I’ve always loved that marble reference but I’m too chicken to ever attempt it. I really like the blending of the reflections.

Li

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker

Both are lovely!:)

123harry

The marbles look promising…..
            The leaves work well. A real splash of autumn colour.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

patrikeev

Nice!

Love both these efforts, Wendy!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

both are gorgeous…love the leaves !

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ams

You managed to capture the glass shine on the marbles even if it is just an underpainting.

I like the batik effect on the leaves. It works very well with the wrinkled nature of fall leaves. Wonderful colors there too.

Anne

Anne
                        C & C always welcome.
                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

ronsu18

the marbles look good to me, it’s just the one on the far right that’s a bit hidden. i’d hang that! it’s joyful. never heard of batik, looks cool, have to look that up and note to self, test inktense on canvas. do you have pans or pencils?

C&C welcome

SAndypp

I adore how you created texture in both of your pieces, it reallly gives it character and life. Jove your choice of pallet for each as well. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
                                Sandy.

eyepaint

So cool! Maybe your muse is on a later flight … :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

artastic

I love the textures on both of these. the leaves are really spectacular.

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.