Home Forums The Learning Center Studio Tips and Framing Framing Discussions Cleaning Plexiglas…Advice please!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peggy SCx

Hi! I’m looking for advice, tips and insights into cleaning acrylic glazing, (plexiglas).
        I’m a water media artist and all the shows require acrylic glazing. But, sometimes when the painting is returned from shows, the glazing is filthy. Plus, over time, it needs to be cleaned.

Do you have any advice? I have Novus plastic glass cleaner. But, I have questions about surface to lay the plexiglas on; type of cloth to clean, etc.

I just spent quite a bit of time trying to clean a particularly dirty plexiglas. And, just noticed I acquired a new scratch plus imprints from plastic. Sigh.

Thanks!

Peggy Stermer-Cox
        Web

Quint

Check this out, Peggy.
            https://www.framedestination.com/blog/accessories/acrylic-and-plexiglas-cleaning-for-picture-frames

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

fdi1001

Check this out, Peggy.
                [url]https://www.framedestination.com/blog/accessories/acrylic-and-plexiglas-cleaning-for-picture-frames[/url]

Thanks for posting that Peggy. You never want to use paper towels to clean acrylic since paper towels are made from wood which can scratch it. Any microfiber cloth works well and is very safe. Brillianize acrylic cleaner is the best cleaner we found. As far as a surface goes you want to make sure it is smooth and clean. Cheers, Mark

Owner Frame Destination
                Framing Blog
                Frame Store

I use lint free cotton cloth, we call them lap sponges in surgery, to clean with a commercial plastic glazing spray and set it upon a carpet covered cabinet. Many of mine return from shows scratched.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.