Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery W.I.P. my attempt at a YouTube video by Marla Baggetta

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jay-bird77

Done on UArt 400 I toned dark teal 9″X10″. I’m having Soo much fun painting this scene it’s awesome!!

I do not understand why my images are uploading in the wrong position?!
        What the what?

"There is something wonderful about the tactical feeling of a pencil or crayon being dragged across a receptive surface!"

a quote from talented artist...
        ~John Husley~

iPhone photos often appear in the vertical orientation even if taken landscape.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Jay-bird77

Doug thanks oh and can you tell me about the difference between a free account and a subscription if any here on W.C. I love it so much I’m considering a 6month to try it.

"There is something wonderful about the tactical feeling of a pencil or crayon being dragged across a receptive surface!"

~John Husley~

Jay-bird77

So here it is done and I just love it!! It was wicked fun painting this scene along with Marla Baggetta I really understand what she’s saying and how she explains how and why she’s doing this or that. I’m completely going to try and “loosen up”more and incorporate this technique with my tight and rigid style it should be just what I need to find my “signature”in style?! I think it’s my best piece to date?

The thing I kept saying to myself while painting this was it’s just abstract shapes of varying value and color and payed attention to the marks I was making and tried to mimic or suggest whatever it was I was painting at the time. Worked out great! I love it!!

~John Husley~

~JMW~

Subscription information
                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/subscribe/

~Joy~

I woukd say 99% of members have free accounts. The subscription model was introduced when the site was owned by a orivate person.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

water girl

You have hit this one out of the park! :thumbsup:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

PeggyB

I agree with you Jay-bird. This piece is quite lovely. It will “sing” once you’ve framed it. Although I’ve never taken a class from her, I know several who have, and they all describe her as a giving, inspirational instructor. If you’re looking to loosen up, Marla’s your guide.

Peggy Braeutigam, IAPS/MC
                            www.peggybraeutigam.com

CaliAnn

Really lovely JayBrid :)

Jay-bird77

A huge thanks for all your loving words everyone I wicked appreciate it!

~John Husley~

Donna T

Nice! I’m a big fan of Marla’s work too.

Donna
                                        C&C Always Welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.