WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 03:46 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 17th March 2019 ***

Eileen finished the ironing ( sorry forgot many of you don't remember ironing!) so I have just cooked a chicken stir fry,with noodles, and left enough for my lunch tomorrow.

The forecast winter showers have not arrived...hurray..

geoff
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 04:59 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

It was just one of those days today. When I opened the package of baby back ribs, the smell bowled me over. Back to Walmart for a refund, and I picked up NY strip steaks for dinner.

Cutting tiny little flowers that I will have to paint and then glue together with the leaves. Thank goodness I don’t have to cut them out by hand.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 08:50 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by w/c nana8
as I think of this community, this verse comes to mind--'Bear on another's burdens.' You all exemplify this with your care and concern for each other's joys and difficulties.

Beautifully put! Sorry you are celiac, I sympathise as i also have a bowel disease.

TED Yes he has come a long way from ICU
I do hate when other people use my tools, including my cleaning lady. I bite my tongue, except for when she put tea-tree oil into the water well of my floor steam cleaner. I did show her how to use the machine, for the first three times she came, and i showed her that the tea-tree oil goes on the cleaning pad not the machine, one must never put anything into the machine it will break. She told me that was what she had been doing everytime she used it. Sigh. I may well be up for a new floor steamer, and this one is only new. Alan refuses to through out the dead ones, and they are lined up in a steam mop cemetery in my laundry downstairs.
Finger crossed this one is not added to it anytime soon. We have to buy a new gas water heater.

Corned beef.

I cook my corned beef in the slow cooker. I add a dessertspoonful of either golden syrup, or molasses. Handful of cloves, A dollop of vinegar no more than an 8th of a cup for me, handful of mustard. Fill crock pt with water to cover the meat, just. Turn on to auto, and leave it for 8 hours, longer if I have put the meat in frozen.

Sauce.
Melt a dessertspoonful of butter in a saucepan (I use unsalted)
Add a tablespoon of flour (I use GF Flour)
Add a teaspoonful of mustard.

Mix well, and allow to cook for about one minute

Add a cup or more if you need the of the liquid from the corned beef. Blend well. Cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.

Lovely painting Bill.

I had better go and make some phone calls.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 01:30 AM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone

had a great dinner tonight

Roast Beef, Yorkshire, Potatoes, Calliflower, Broc and that is it!

Could not have have that with my friend Julia as she was in Kidney fairlure.

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/