WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art > International Society of Scratchboard Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:27 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia
Feel free to ask

Most of the threads in this forum have now been closed since we are at the stage where the board must work for the non-money but if you have questions, please feel free to use this thread to ask them and we will endeavour to answer them as best we can.

Cheers

Patrick
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member
Santa Clarita, California

Hails from United States
Re: Feel free to ask

All, I was just catching up on the other threads. I'm happy to see that the newly formed board is comprised of very talented and engaged individuals.

There was mention some time back of a newsletter. If, at some point, that conversation is taken up again, and it is decided to have an ISSA newsletter, I'd like to throw my hat in as volunteer to edit and publish it.

I have done this (most recently) for the Santa Clarita Artists' Association for the last two years. I also edited a monthly newsletter for a local social organization for 4 years.

Thank you.
Hector Fernandez
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2011, 03:24 AM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

Hector...we will definitely keep you name on file. As you can guess, there is a lot to be done before we reach that, but I do thank you.

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

I submit articles to our Wildlife Art Society and I can only hazard a guess at how large a job it is for our guy to fix things and get us into print in presentable fashion. That's a wonderful offer Hector.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Wow! Have I missed a lot!!! Everything appears to be running smoothly, it is all really exciting. I am apologize that I can't offer assistance, I really don't know what I could do with all the demands of university on top.

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast
Canada

Hails from Canada

Wow, I've missed reading through all these threads until today. You guys are making such headway with this. Right on.

I am so supporting this 1000%, just not sure how much I can contribute. I will say though that I have had some experience with editing and publishing, and with the ISSA Newsletter, would enjoy helping where needed as far as proofing, placement, design, and distributing is concerned. I am a spreadsheet and database whiz (according to every coworker I've had), and good with things like mail merges, membership cards, certificates, etc etc... I enjoy that type of thing, and would be happy to offer my support to any of the board members who could use an extra hand with such projects .... Wherever I can help.

Last edited by Ltaniea : 04-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Excellent Natalie. I'll add your offer to the next monthly meeting we are having
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Santa Cruz, CA

Hails from United States

I have read the by-laws for the ISSA and I have read the by-laws regarding Wet Canvas and the RIL. I understand that when we submit photographs to the RIL we are giving Wet Canvas members the use of our photos to make art and sell it while retaining our own copyright on our own photographs.

Here is my question and/or assumption:
I have used a couple of photos to create some scratchboards for my own learning. I have been told I should enter them in art competitions/exhibitions. I have replied that I could not because it was not my "Original" work. I told them I had permission to use the photos to create and sell only (have not tried to sell actually). And when I do casually show them I always explain where the photo came from and who the original photographer was. And when I could I would direct them to the photographers website. It seems only fair to direct business and interest to those who graciously and generously allow us to use their beautiful photos!

How does the RIL actually work as far as submitting our art to shows or competitions and therefore submitting to advancing levels in the new ISSA?

Thanks!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Canada

Jean...it's my understanding that we can use the RIL images to create our work and use it in anyway we like. There is a statement to the effect that owners of the images give permission for this by posting their photo for other artists to use that way.

When I find an image I like(outside of WC), I ask permission of the photographer and also tell them I want to be able to enter it in a competition and/or sell it, with credit to them, so they know up front what I intend to do with the pic. If they are fine with that and give permission then I'll use it as I see fit. If the competition states the work must be wholly concieved by me or created from my own photo, then I don't use one of those photos, I use my own.

Lorna Hannett.com
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Santa Cruz, CA

Hails from United States

Lorna,
Thanks! I really want to use my own photos for the most part anyway. But there are just some great photos out there screaming to be scratched or otherwise!
Cheers!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Just posted some $ into the Paypal account Ken.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Hi all. on the 28th May, I sent some money to ISSA but today it was returned saying that preferences had not been set up to accept money this way. I just did a send money to

Please contact ISSA ([email protected]

Has the email addie changed please. Can't believe it's taken a month for them to say its not valid.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Canada

Lesley, I've emailed Ken (our treasurer) to look into this for you.

Lorna Hannett.com
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Breckenridge, TX

Hails from United States

Lesley,
Here's something I didn't know. When money is sent to PayPal that isn't in US currency, I have 30 days to accept or refund it. I am required to push a button declaring my intention. The default apparently is refund. That is why you got your money back a month later. Sorry for the inconvenience. I believe it is a way to protect you from but I am not sure how. Anyway, there it is. Again, my apologies.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

So Ken. Do I send it again as I did before or do I change the currency my end to US if I can?