WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art > International Society of Scratchboard Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States
Re: Nominations for ISSA positions

I'm all for getting this moving as well. Perhaps Cathy or Patrick can set up an election post like Cathy had for the dates for the Texas get together. For those who don't know them, do Emily and Wendy need to speak about themselves?

Diana

[email protected] I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Ohio

Hails from United States

Diana, I had been wondering the same thing. If you don't mind I'll just jump in and start.

Hello! I'm Emily Harju, 32 years old. I am currently living in Ohio though my husband, our two children and I are going to be moving to Fort Wayne, Indiana this summer. I had the opportunity to meet some of you at last year's Indy Scratchboard Workshop. Even then I'm sure we didn't get to know each other very much - I can remember just standing around dumbfounded and mute at being in the presence of such great talent. And despite this, you were all very welcoming to me!

My history with scratchboard goes back to elementary school. Mr. Swenson, whom I'll never forget, introduced our class to scratchboard and I took off with it. I scratched pictures even on the scraps of scratchboards that I salvaged from the other kids in the class! At this young age I was proud to have one of my scratchboards accepted and published in a book of student work from the Dodd's school system (that is the military provided schooling for children living with their enrolled parent/parents overseas - I grew up a Navy brat). After that scratchboard had been an off and on thing for me as I rarely had access to the materials. I didn't seriously pick it back up again until after I graduated college with a B.A. in art and psychology. In college it seemed that scratchboard had been left back in elementary school; it wasn't discussed or presented as a valid art form. I am very excited to work with this society to bring scratchboard the recognition it deserves!

If I am voted to fill the role of Membership Coordinator I promise to do my utmost to serve this society and to work with the members of the society in any capacity needed. Most of all, I look forward to getting to know all of you better. In my experience you have been so charitable and humble; I am glad to have the opportunity to return your kindness!

Emily Harju Illustration & Design
"Engraving is, in brief terms, the Art of Scratch" - John Ruskin
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
A Local Legend
Colorado

Hails from United States

This is really coming together great!

Of course we are WC heavy!! LOL... um it is all starting right here. I have no doubt that as our membership grows and people from outside of WC become ISSA members that we will become all our own and while I am sure some of us will still be WC members not everyone will be. To me this is no concern at this point in the game since we are the driving force so far.

I am still out of town (mostly trying to catch up from my cell phone which I can't really moderate from), so maybe Patrick can post poll for voting on the 27th? Do we have any spot that has more than one nominee (don't think so)? If we DO then we may need to do it via PM so that it is more private? If not then on WC should be fine.

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
I have no doubt that as our membership grows and people from outside of WC become ISSA members that we will become all our own and while I am sure some of us will still be WC members not everyone will be.
Unless we set up a forum on the website that would replace this one (or work along side WC) then I also see new members joining WC.

I think it might be a good idea to have a forum on the ISSA site. But this is down the road and something to think about.

Patrick had a good suggestion for down the road (The magazine article). Maybe we should start listing these ideas in a thread.

Diana

[email protected] I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast
British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada

Just a quick comment about the poll to decide who gets the postition of Membership Coordinator. I am going to step out, so you can give the role to Emily......I think she would do a much better job than I would be able to do, as I don't always have the time to check in here as early as everyone else does, to keep on the up and up of what is going on.
Sorry if this screws up things in the making of a poll, but I think this will make things go faster for all.

Wendy

www.scratchinimagesstudio.weebly.com
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crias
I am still out of town (mostly trying to catch up from my cell phone which I can't really moderate from), so maybe Patrick can post poll for voting on the 27th? Do we have any spot that has more than one nominee (don't think so)? If we DO then we may need to do it via PM so that it is more private? If not then on WC should be fine.
If there's only one nomination per role, do we need a poll? I can't get my head around something like a poll being voted on by what amounts to be just anyone since we have nothing formalised yet, and therefore no membership. I may have missed this being explained though.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

Now that Wendy no longer wants to run there is no reason for a poll. However if we are leaving Nominations open for for a week there may be other nominations made and then we would need a poll for an election.

Diana

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

Wendy, thank you. I sincerely hope you will consider taking on another role as I mentioned perhaps under exhibitions. It's not something that would need a vote, just a volunteer.

I think we should set the nomination deadline much sooner. Tomorrow would be my choice, so we can get moving on building our society. We do not need a poll for any role that only has one person nominated, they are automatically in by acclaimation.

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

I agree with Lorna, let's get moving!

Diana

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 PM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States

I second that emotion! Things will shake out and when the Board finds they need assistance then the others of us can volunteer where our skills are best suited.

Diane
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:10 AM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

It would be best if someone who were not one of the nominees be the one to make the motion to close nominations by ? and someone else not nominated to second it.

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast
British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada

[quote=lorna12]Wendy, thank you. I sincerely hope you will consider taking on another role as I mentioned perhaps under exhibitions. It's not something that would need a vote, just a volunteer.

Lorna: I will do that, lets just get everyone organized first and see what's left needs to be done/volunteered for. I am sure I can stick in somewhere and add my 2 cents worth.

Wendy

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States

I make a motion that the nominations for the Board of ISSA be closed as of now.

Diane
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Enthusiast
British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorna12
It would be best if someone who were not one of the nominees be the one to make the motion to close nominations by ? and someone else not nominated to second it.

I"ll chime in here, I propose a motion to close the nominations for board members by midnight March 23,2011 PST.
Does that sound good?

Wendy

#60   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Thanks Diane. Can we have a non-nominated seconder please?

Great one Wendy. You would be massively helpful in many areas I'm sure.