WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Abstract and Contemporary Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States
"Dimensions"

"Dimensions" 16" x 20" Acrylic on canvas C&C always welcome.

Bruce
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 08:47 AM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States
Re: "Dimensions"

Here are a few better photos these are closer to the real look of this piece.

Bruce
Attached Images

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 09:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Still above sea level

Hails from United States

The colors in your second set of photos are completely different from the first photo, at least on my screen. I like the second more vibrant and bluer ones much better. The overall composition and forms are well balanced and appealing. It gives the feeling of heavenly bodies in a swirl of space dust: very nice. We seem to be on a space theme lately in the forum!

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufflecat
The colors in your second set of photos are completely different from the first photo, at least on my screen. I like the second more vibrant and bluer ones much better. The overall composition and forms are well balanced and appealing. It gives the feeling of heavenly bodies in a swirl of space dust: very nice. We seem to be on a space theme lately in the forum!
Thank you I still can't get the true color of this in a photo it's more like the second set but more teal in color. Space is a cool art subject the possibilities are endless.

Bruce
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 01:49 PM

I like the positioning with the planet(?) in the upper left hand corner best. I think it could benefit from a bit of dark shades in there but that is just me. Those gradient blue hues would definitely be tough to photograph easily!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybirds
I like the positioning with the planet(?) in the upper left hand corner best. I think it could benefit from a bit of dark shades in there but that is just me. Those gradient blue hues would definitely be tough to photograph easily!
I have thought of adding a darker mist of Purple / Pink across the painting in the really light area, still debating that though.

Bruce
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
I have thought of adding a darker mist of Purple / Pink across the painting in the really light area, still debating that though.

Bruce
I think it would be a benefit to my eye. The colours you have on there now seem very close together on the spectrum and a bit of dark would pop everything lighter forward a bit I think... That said, if it looks terrible when it is done, remember I am a newbie and my opinions are unreliable!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 07:36 PM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States

Thank you Bobby nothing is ever ruined this painting was done over another painting I'll probably shoot some darker mist later on this evening and I would never blame someone else for there suggestions if I didn't like it anyway.
Thanks for the input.

Bruce
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Bruce, I like this one a lot! It appears cheerful and happy.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2020, 02:13 AM
Veteran Member

Some mathematicians made a graphic drawing of what the sixth dimension would look like in terms of line etc and it was incredible wish I could find it and post it on here as am sure you would have appreciated that

Good job with your figure ground relationships and your sub division of planes very nice indeed ...( I am getting a nice feeling of being placed in that space like a sculpture I can exist in as the planets revolve around me very dynamic and compelling with your oblique curls set against the positions of rest of the horizontal lines....(in terms of movement you could counterbalance your sets or groupings of lines against each other maybe slightly differently in terms of compositional placement)warp speed Picard !. Great job

Last edited by tidal : 02-26-2020 at 02:36 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Maryland USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Bruce, I like this one a lot! It appears cheerful and happy.
Thank you Kay My fiance said my work has been very dark lately so I came up with this one.

Tital: Thanks for the input and insight I have a few more ideas about the other dimensions just need to figure out how to show them on canvas.

Bruce