WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:18 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Daily Wash Friday 24th January 2020

Good morning all, I'm up early, worrying about handing my laptop with all my bank sites and Amazon site to the repairer. I got up and changed my Amazon password and signed out so I should be safe from tampering there.

Peter was off to work at 5.30 am to avoid the traffic but it was foggy when he set off. He's 53 and we still worry

Taking the deeds and papers to the solicitor this morning to put the house in our joint names, Ruth was under 21 when we bought it so it was put in my name.

Snooker this afternoon.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 04:42 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: Daily Wash Friday 24th January 2020

Good evening Doug.

Very foggy here early this morning too. It then cleared to a breathtakingly humid day. Proper summer.

Not much else so to all following.
My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member

Morning Doug and Annie.

Itís a grey day in the UK. When we drove home from Port Sunlight yesterday it was very misty and gloomy, then last night we watched "Death in Paradise" which is set in Guadeloupe. What a difference in colour! We always try to imagine that we're there for the hour that itís on. It's a bit like Midsomer though - a small place with a very high murder rate

I learned yesterday that Matisse, like Gauguin, spent time in Tahiti. I said to OH "I need to spend more time in Tahiti". Itís such a shame itís so blooming far away. I'll just have to watch "Moana" on TV. That could keep both me and the grandchildren amused on a rainy day.

Greetings to all who wash up later.

QS
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:25 AM
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Morning Doug,
Enjoy your snooker, great game. I was captain of the team when I played for a working mans club in Southampton many years ago.
Off to bed now,
Rod
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is just past 6:00 a.m. here in dark and raining Oakwood. Temps are up a bit so it isn't freezing as it falls.

The white squirrel seems to have settled somewhere in the area because we see it almost every day.

Doug, Glad Ruth is finally being added to the deed to the house. Hope all goes well with your laptop repair.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 07:23 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Mixed wet and frozen moisture falling from the sky.
I'll drive nowhere today.

I didn't sleep well so I'll head back to bed shortly.

A very impassioned trial going on over here.

later,
Bill

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 07:41 AM
Saint Johns FL

Hails from United States

Morning all. Partially cloudy today and 59. Thunderstorms in the forecast today and no more freezing weather through the end of the month. But they are saying the first half of February will be brutally cold. THe jet stream will take a dip in our direction bringing polar air down on us. I'm excited.

Doug, adding Ruth sounds like a good idea. We just paid off our mortgage yesterday. Funny how I seemed to sleep better last night now that it is paid off.

Things sound quiet for you Annie and I guess that is a good thing. Enjoy it.

QS, TV huh? I do the same thing with a good book. I've been a prolific reader since I first learned to read back n the '60s. My mind draws the picture for me and I often find that I like my version better than the tv or movie adaptation of the book. I'll sometimes go on a bing and read 3 or 4 books in a week's time.

Rod, I don't know much about snooker having never played it. What made you give it up?

Hi Sylvia, enjoy the rainy weather and take it easy. Take care of that white squirrel s it may be easy prey for cats since its natural camouflage is missing.

We found a 15 day cruise yesterday that would take us across the Atlantic with port calls in Portugal, Spain and Belgium before docking in South Hampton. You can get some good deals when the cruise lines relocate their ships from the caribbean back to Europe for the summer. It would get us into the UK the first week in May. Then train or car up to Norwich. Things are moving so fast that we are undecided on what to do and haven't committed yet. But I'm liking this option. Guess I'll just wait and see what Chris decides.

Taking it easy today but will take a run to the art store this morning while Chris is at work.

Stay safe. And a big wave to those who come later.

https://marshall-harrison.blogspot.com/
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:42 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

Dullish and a high of 1C.

Sylvia, your rain will be making it up to us and in the night turn into freezing rain

First, Char, that crow painting is absolutely marvellous, best one yet, I can tell it came naturally to you. How did you like your course, I am anxious to hear and that Ted is doing much better

Marshall, that sounds like a great trip and the weather timing is perfect.

Doug, I would be thinking the same thing about protecting my bank account etc. Wise decision to put the house in both names, I am surprised you waited so long.

Rachel, humidifyers are really necessary here with the dry heat from central heating but our water is very hard and no matter how much one keeps cleaning them the calcium etc. builds up to the point where they become useless. I too bought myself yet another one this winter and am using distilled water, at a dollar per large bottle it is cheaper than to keep replacing the units.

JJ, keep enjoying yourself. Sorry you can't take any photos and CONGRATULATIONS to your sister and her new husband.

QS, not just knowledge but strategy is involved in your Pub Quiz Glad you enjoyed the Matisse exhibit. Yes, Tahiti would be a nice place to visit. I have recently watched a movie about Gauguin in Tahiti, beautiful place.

I am not often tempted to see a movie of a book I have been reading because I prefer my own version of seeing what is being described in the book.

Nancy, that unit you have been wearing seems to really aid the fusion of bones. I am watching your minis growing

I am going to paint the first coat of the actual door today.

to you Annie, Bill and Rod.

Uschi

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning Wash Gang! It's cloudy with rain soon to be falling. The snow is melting away leaving behind dirty brown and grey remnants of gravel, grass and old leaves.

Ted's up, showered and dressed. He bent down to kiss me good morning and told me that he's loved me for half his life. Happy Anniversary. I've been crying ever since. We're going out for dinner tonight. that he can make it through the day!

We do have to be out the door shortly because he has a Dr. appointment this morning... likely why he was up and at 'em nice and early.

He came with me yesterday when I delivered my paintings to the new Gallery. It tired him out, but it felt good to have him along doing something other than waiting for a procedure or a consultation. I have a very nice piece of wall that's in the main viewing room. This Gallery has a large room for conducting Classes. The cost for that is $5 per Student which is really reasonable (I think). There will also be a small lunchroom that can facilitate preparing snacks for groups, or just making coffee, etc. for breaks.

Watching a movie, after having read the book, I have trouble following along because the characters don't match those I imagined and often the plot has been changed to improve theatrical flow.

Rachel, ours is just a simple room humidifier, but it really does make a difference. Like you, I have dry eyes and this seems to help.

JJ, I do understand why the family are careful about photos being posted to the internet. It's such a joyful celebration, though, that many people want to capture those moments. A Catch 22.

Be careful bending, Nancy! Freedom!!!!

We never stop worrying, Doug. I hope your laptop repair is not going to be expensive.

Annie, Annie quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

QS, getting your Tahitian inspiration from Moana!

Sylvia, he'd make a great painting subject!

Bill, we've chosen not to watch the proceedings. Ignorance is bliss. Sleep tight.

A cruise is an exciting way to celebrate Chris' retirement, Marshall. Of course, the two of you will have lots more time to think about where you want to go and what you want to do.

Uschi, it was only my first Class and I learned a few things about the body that I didn't know. My second Class is today. I have pages of notes and will need a binder to keep them. I missed one question on my first quiz.

As for my crow... thanks to everyone who made me feel so nice. It speaks volumes about painting series of subjects. As we become more practiced, it really does show itself in the work.

Time to go. that someone will have some answers for Ted. Love and hugs to All. Where's Steve???????

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Marshall, the cruise sounds good, a very relaxing way to travel. The port you will end up in is Southampton, rather than South Hampton, and to confuse you further itís often abbreviated to So'ton.

Iíve just had a bit of a binge read myself, but if Iím after a colourful scene and a bit of real life brightness I like to see it lit up in front of me. Itís a bit like watching a watercolour video as well as reading the book.

Iím still waiting for my daylight lamp from Amazon. It was in stock when I ordered it on Tuesday, and itís still in stock, but they havenít got around to dispatching it yet. Itís on "free delivery" so I canít complain but itís frustrating when they sit on parcels. They used to be much quicker. We had a trial of Prime recently and even that was slower than expected - in the UK they advertise next day delivery. I think theyíve changed their delivery system too, and lately weíve had a lot of parcels left at the front door, even when we've been in. The driver drops the parcel and runs way then I get an email saying Iíve signed for it! They must be under pressure.

Doug, back in the day we married so young. We got engaged when we were 19 but didnít marry until we had both graduated. Glad you trust Ruth enough now to put the house in joint names .

Uschi, we do play strategically in the pub quiz. Half of our usual team of six take it seriously and the other half less so - one of our members never gives up - but we all have fun and our team is very good natured. Iím sure it does my brain good and the walk there and back is good for me too.

Char, how romantic is Ted? that you make it out to dinner.

I must confess that Moana was tongue in cheek. We have been to French Polynesia but since no one round here knows anything about it when they asked where Iíd been on holiday Iíd reply "Have you seen Moana?" I loved every bit of that trip but the distance from the UK is daunting so I doubt that we'll do it again unless we go to Australia.

QS
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Quick hello. I have to get ready to drive across town to have the biopsy done around 11 a.m. At least, I could eat an Eggo waffle for breakfast.

Uschi, The doctor recommended that I keep wearing the vest because of my soft bones. It just stimulates bone growth, which can only help my hip bones. I am amazed how it had my fusion solid bone in 3 months.

Char, Happy Anniversary! I do hope that Ted has a wonderful day and can stay up to celebrate!

We had a wonderful visit from Amanda (youngest daughter) who is in town for a meeting. I finished the fireplace for the Gryffindor common room. I hacked a flickering battery operated tea light. It gives off a yellow glow. I made the grate by soldering paperclips together. And added wires to the LED light and a switch to turn it on and off. I admit, I am having too much fun!

Have a great day! Off to get a shower.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Uschi, I have my own bottles which I have accumulated and fill them with filtered water at the local supermarket for $.39 each. I keep two small humidifiers going throughout the winter months. No calcium buildup or calcium film on the furniture.

JJ, sorry but I think its ridiculous to not allow photos. People want memories. Just ask people to promise not to post them.

Char, Happy Anniversary! Glad Ted is feeling good today. Enjoy your dinner out tonight.

Ignorance and passivity is how we got into this mess.

Dull and depressing overcast here. Sort of like our government.
Bill

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

TGIF EVERYONE TGIF

Well I had typed a nice post & was still typing when "Buddy cat" jumped up on the desk & hit my mouse & I lost it

So It is a very rainy day here. I'm staying in & still working in my room. I'll be so glad to get this done. It's frustrating to not be able to actually paint or make anything till this is done. I'll get there.

Char asked if I was still in a booth with a friend. The answer is that my little spot is no more. I really enjoyed it. It was a mix of items to decorate with & some art. The owner of the shop closed the business a year ago in January. I had cleared out my booth before the end of Dec. 2018. I do miss it alot.

This year I want to get back into painting in watercolor & mixed media.
As they say time is moving on.

Char---Happy Anniversary. I hope Ted feels better today.

Hello to everyone else.

Back to work

Take care

Anita
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHAR &TED I hope Ted gets his celebration dinner.

My snooker was worse than last week, I seem to be ble to pot reds but rarely follow with Adolph

Doug
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:59 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hiya! It's been raining all day. All. Day. The basement is dry. it stays that way. This barometric pressure weighs on my arthritis and makes it a challenge to move easily.

Ted's appointment went well. Our Dr. disclosed that the "smoking gun" for Ted's elevated potassium levels was due to one of the diuretics that was prescribed to deal with the ascites. As soon as it was eliminated, his potassium levels did begin to drop. However, after only a little more than a week, fluid is beginning to build in his abdomen. So... he's going to begin taking a minor amount of that diuretic that's designed to elevate potassium coupled wit one that lowers it. His insulin has been increased a little. He'll give blood next week and we see the Dr. on Friday again for a follow-up.

It's been a challenge to find a "good" restaurant for us to celebrate our Anniversary. We did and I'm sure it'll be good. The Kids are joining us.

I sold the raven. That didn't take long.

QS, my Sister lives two Provinces to the west of us. Amazon deliveries to her are a nightmare. Sometimes she gets them and sometimes she doesn't. They are pretty much all delayed. Here in Ontario, my deliveries are always spot on. I've had only one issue and Amazon was very helpful in resolving the issue. But, but, but... your tongue-in-cheek gave me a giggle.

OMG, Nancy... your creativity and ingenuity is simply amazing.

Bill, I use our water from the tap. But I must clean my humidifier with vinegar and baking soda regularly.

Sheesh, Anita! I didn't realize that it's been a whole year since you gave up your little shop.

Doug, because he's been feeling a little better, Ted planned to do several things today. I put the kibosh on that and told him he was restricted to the house and had to rest today. I want to go out tonight. He agreed.

Now... because he kept me up half the night... and my brain is busting from all the information in my second Nutrition class today... I'm going to take a very short nap. Ted's watching the impeachment proceedings. I do not want to. Ear buds are my friend.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies