WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:29 PM
N. California

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #617 - Jan 08 - 16

oh my, that is very tough. Strength to be as positive as you can.

Contains water:

I'm practically addicted to this stuff.. buy it by the case.. but I don't drink soda or beer...
I had to go and get another bottle to drink while I was sketching this because now I can't move it until I try the ink wash! I enjoyed drawing this very much, it was the end of a long and frustrating day of work and it was a good thing to look at all those patterns inside that bottle.

If I ink it, I'll post it.

I looked at the original thread from June 2015 that had these hunt items. There was a fellow from France there who posted some sketches, and then it looks like he disappeared ( only 11 posts on WC ever )... I will try to end like that I noticed when I was drawing this that I didn't tighten up so much from knowing I might post it here.

Last edited by NedL : 01-15-2020 at 09:33 PM.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 09:23 AM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan T
I just wanted to stop in and give all of you an update. Jerry had a third surgery on his leg today and he lost most of his lower leg. He is doing better but has a long, long, long road ahead of him both physically and mentally to accept where he is now and what he needs to do to get better. I appreciate all your support and prayers! Will stop in when I can and maybe even sketch a bit. Thanks for being here for me.

Joan , you, Jerry and your family are in our thoughts and prayers

Joe.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 09:56 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Morning, all y'all have been busy!

individuo, I like the aftershave bottle. Interesting to try the ink in the water brush.

Joe, the eraser has such subtle color changes, looks like I could pick it up and use it.

individuo and EP, I haven't done well with the ukelele. I just looked at the videos last night. Great hints there so my progress should improve. I'm trying only 15 minutes a day or longer if I get into it....Ha.

NedL, excellent on the fire hydrant, oops, camera. Really... nice lines. The soda water bottle is great. Nice ellipses and shape. Applause! The popular sparkling water here in Texas is Topo Chico.

Ai, oh, nice trip to be with an artist you like. Super. The flowers are beautiful, well done. Thanks for the photos, too. I'm a world traveler now. Love the typewriter!

Joan, always thinking of you. Many hugs and prayers.
Winston Churchill
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

individuo - thank you

Joe - that's more spanish than I know, but I do recognize one word

Joan - thanks for the update. Please take care of yourself. Seems the medical people can address the physical issues but people need to attend to attitude and emotional issues for the best outcome. It must be so, so hard.

Ned - well done on the Pellegrino bottle. Can't wait to see it with the added wash.
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 12:53 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

I sketched at the dining table in the big coffee table book with a Prismacolor 05 and Brush.
Number 6, hat - Number 7, sunglasses - Number 8 sunscreen - A really good sunscreen you apply with a brush like make-up. Doesn't get in your eyes and works so well. Gene's dr. prescribed it.

Thanks EP for the Hunt in place of Joan.

Joan, you take care of yourself ...and Jerry. Big hugs.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Jo Castillo : 01-16-2020 at 12:59 PM.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 02:32 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Jo - we cross posted. The cool thing about ukulele is that a person can make reasonable sounds right away ... without the awful screeching on a recorder or trying to play a more complex instrument that uses a bow like cello or violin. The bull on the hat with the sunglasses on top make it look like a face with sticking the tongue out Was that a fortunate accident? Or was it on purpose?
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepaint
Jo - we cross posted. The cool thing about ukulele is that a person can make reasonable sounds right away ... without the awful screeching on a recorder or trying to play a more complex instrument that uses a bow like cello or violin. The bull on the hat with the sunglasses on top make it look like a face with sticking the tongue out Was that a fortunate accident? Or was it on purpose?

LOL On first look I thought the same!

Joe
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:06 PM
N. California

Hails from United States

I saw the face sticking the tongue out too and didn't realize it was a bull until EP said it. I thought it was clever and funny
OK well I washed the camera yesterday the the water bottle today ( I could NOT get the light the same... all the deep shadows and highlights had changed! ) ... these are the first time I've ever tried to do ink wash, so I have no clue what I'm doing, but it was very fun trying and I can see that it could be pretty neat with practice. I added a few drops more ink to my "darker" wash ink bottle before the water one.

In my last post there was a typo... I meant I'll try NOT to disappear like that fellow from France did
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 10:08 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Ha, you guys made me laugh. Of course the face was not on purpose. I do not have that imagination in me! I certainly see it too, I should claim the fame! Thanks all.

NedL, wow, good job on the inking. I do lots of ink but no shading with water, you inspire me to try. Thanks,

See all y'all on 618....
Winston Churchill
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 11:29 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Ned - yay for the wash! It has a mind of it's own and it takes a while to understand how it works so you can use it's strong aspects where you want it.

Jo -

See you on hunt 618