WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand
Re: Scavenger Hunt 616 Dec 31, 2019 - Jan 8, 2020

Joan: I am so sorry to hear that. God bless Jerry and you. He will be in my prayer. Hope he has speedy recovery. Pls. take care of yourself... sketches can be posted later...Love your seasonal digi. sketch...it is so cheerful.

EP: Thanks... That was a Thai novel. Cool set you did. I love the view of the saucer. Nice tooth brush.

Jo: Thanks. Fantastic set as well. I love the tall glass. Nice cellphone and measuring spoon.

Painting is my soul. My blog.

Last edited by Eye : 01-05-2020 at 09:19 AM.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 09:17 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

#7 left over -- done with direct watercolor -- some picnic fruits as a part of my sketcher friends group outing today.

#5 another version of something alive -- done with direct watercolor -- one of the sketcher at the picnic. I drawn him a bit younger than the real one...also the sketch should have been more masculine...

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Thanks for the cool list, Jo. Some fun things in there to hunt down.

Ai: Lovely flowing lines on those petal sketches. Nice "morning ritual" with a lovely balance of colour. That little hint of pink in the bookmark (?) is so effective. Great palm sketch too. Lovely trunk. And what a fine looking pavilion with trees huddling around it as if in mourning of a friend. The orange peel makes for such a nice arrangement, and the jumper in the portrait sings to me.

Joan: Wonderful loose and energetic landscape with very nice rusty colour. I didn't have time to follow up on the last hunt, but you mentioned, like me, you enjoy the aesthetics of dead or dead looking plants. The colours here put me in that frame of mind. Fun little digi's too. New slippers for Christmas maybe?

Joe: Lovely graphite sketch of... wait a minute... where'd my lunchbox go!

Jo: Nice coaster sketch. Wish I wasn't so self conscious when sketching in coffee shops. I must try to do more as I love all the everyday clutter that you incorporated. Nice boo cover typography. I see a glass of water with a dead fly in it. What's that you say... a candle? Oops!

Eyepaint: Very nice seletion of items, with your usual framing lines. What could the leftovers be, I wonder? I'm hoping tortilla chips or mini Bombay potato nibbles!

1. Seasonal - Digi' plein-air, blocked in and then worked up later (the sun set too fast for me).

You can watch the playback here.

Sketch-Blog
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Jo - thank you. Oooh tall candle! I haven't read Tom Clancy ... do you enjoy his books?

Joan - oh no! Sorry to hear about Jerry and I hope the hospital gets things sorted soon. Please take care of yourself and don't worry about the sketch hunts. I'll host your upcoming hunt.

Ai - thank you. I feel I need to resketch the cup and saucer because I need to understand it better. Was that a mystery novel? A biography? Look at those picknick fruits! Yes your something alive looks a wee bit feminine but there are people who look that way for sure.

Munin - thank you. That was gnocchi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnocchi) Oooh atmospheric tree
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 09:11 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Munin: Thanks. Lovely sunset in digi... and extra on the playback...I think I learn from your clip that you can flip or rotate the digi. canvas as needed to ease your strokes. I had never thought of that before. I've been treating the digi canvas. like a rigid physical ground.... So thank you !!!

EP: The novel was a Thai semi-classic romance ... I enjoy reading it...plus I am trying to write a novel...drum rolled...

#8 trash ... jot these petals dropping down this morning before going in my office. Now campus is super quiet ... our new semester will start this Friday...

Last edited by Eye : 01-05-2020 at 09:18 PM.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 09:19 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

EP - Thanks for taking over my hunt.

I am at the point where I'm lucky I know what day it is never mind the date.
Jerry is scheduled for surgery for his infected foot tomorrow, so some good vibes from all of you might help. Will let you know how things go.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 11:40 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Joan

It's so good to hear from you, deep breath.

Last night and today, I've been adding my meditations and prayers to those of others, but also felt such a deep well of sadness inside that you and Jerry are going through this difficult time. Other thoughts that filled my mind and heart had to do with how little I really know you. Yet it has always been so clear that you have a constant and abiding kindness of spirit... that much, I do know. And I cherish the time I've spent in your company here.

I don't know the correct words in your religion for a formal prayer. I hope that my simple, halting pleas to Jesus and Buddha and the Universe itself will remind the Universe what it already knows. I believe the Universe knows that you and Jerry matter. And that the whole Universe loves you both. When you and those you love are hurting, I feel that all of nature which you paint so beautifully is hurting with you, and somehow wishes you joy...

May you and Jerry be blessed...

You are both loved...

Meditations and prayers for you both will continue in my home without ceasing...

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces

Last edited by Pine Cone : 01-05-2020 at 11:44 PM.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 04:32 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Joan: My prayer goes to Jerry and you...

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 10:15 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Joan, prayers for you both. Many hugs and positive thoughts.
Winston Churchill
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 11:18 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Ai, thank you. I really like your fruit. Well done with no drawing. I admire your technique. Nice portrait, too. Interesting choice for trash, well done. Interesting how the trees are in the middle of the "table".

Munin, beautiful landscape/seasonal. You have a nice digi touch. Thanks, I can see the fly, too. Ha, ha.

EP, I like Clancy, he writes a bit like Grisham.

I sketched at the park yesterday, we went to rest between grocery store and eating lunch. Gene tried to nap and I sketched in my travel sketchbook with a Pilot ball point pen.
Number 6 seasonal - dried trees in background

Winston Churchill
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Ai - The pavilion sketch using the calligraphy pen reminds me of sepia sketches in art books. Love the direct watercolors! The morning ‘trash’ sketch is a nice find. Pencils are Mars Lumograph BLACK. They are carbon based vice graphite. still working on getting them to play together.

PineCone - Your lurker tribute made me smile and your prayer to Joan touched my heart.

EP - nice set of sketches. Love the highlights. It is gel pen or white cp?

Joan - Prayers are with Jerry and you. Take care of yourself too, remember you need to be healthy to take care of him.

Nice digi work. I particularly like the shading on the leg in slipper. I agree on use the programs or lose it. I can repeat the basics but there are so many features it gets thought if you do not use daily. The seasonal one is great. Nice work on the textures.

Jo - the coaster sketch is neat. I think the Lamy looks like dip pen on the coaster. New Lamy pen? Which nib? The sketches are nicely done. Oh and what ink? There is a lot of detail in the park sketch. How long did Gene nap? LOL

Munin - beautiful.

2 scoop
3 something to measure
4 folded cloth
Multiple grades of graphite in 8.5x12 sketchbook

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited by jmfletch : 01-06-2020 at 12:20 PM.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 12:37 PM

Hails from Spain

Joan T, I will keep you and Jerry in my prayers. Take care of both of you. Hugs.

Everybody, great sketches, keep it up! I don't think I will be able to participate much in the next couple of weeks (just busy, not health related) but I will take a quick look from time to time. See you.

My best wishes for this 2020, may all of you enjoy it with good health!
Get well soon Jerry!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 09:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers!!! We did not get good news today, but we are still holding on to a bit of hope.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2020, 01:20 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Joe, wow on your sketch of the tape measure, scoop and towel. The towel is soft and the scoop and tape measure are hard. Great job on lines, too. A new favorite sketch.

Individuo, we will miss you but please drop in when you can. Hasta pronto.

Joan, thinking of you and praying. Wish we could help more. Know you are in our thoughts. Hugs....Our best to Jerry.
Winston Churchill
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2020, 11:12 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Castillo
Joan, thinking of you and praying. Wish we could help more. Know you are in our thoughts. Hugs....Our best to Jerry.
..... adding my same thoughts and same prayers for you and Jerry to Jo's .....

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces