WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 11:33 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #613: Dec 7 - Dec 15, 2019

Morning, all!

Joe, thanks. I used 3 or 4 pens from that set. There is a brush, chisel and several sizes regular nibs. A bit of hatching, too. I love your Olympic Santa. We planned on downsizing our tree but still have the adult kids around. When all the stuff burned I asked them to make me some handmade ornaments like they did as kids. Jennie made pipe cleaner ones, Joanna framed some photos of when they were kids. The grandkids made some, too. So now we are stuck with a bigger tree and keepsakes. Ha.

Ai, thanks. We will be waiting for yours ... tapping fingers. :-)

I sketched in the big book again with a Prismacolor 05. All leaning to the left as usual. I straightened the sketch a bit but that doesn't help a lot.

Number 4, baking goods - flour, sugar in the canisters and egg
Number 5, baking tool - rolling pin
Number 6, kitchen tool - lemon squeezer
Winston Churchill
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 05:52 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jo, thanks. Nice job on the blender...margaritas soon I hope! Love the llama and nativity. I read your comment about everyone making some ornaments for the tree. That's a great idea. Those are the ones you treasure the most. Nice detail to the Nutcracker ornament. Did you pull out the collection of baking tools just for the sketch or are you going to bake?

Ai, thank you.

Joe, thanks so much. I haven't needed to use that oil lamp yet. I guess that's a good thing. lol Cool Santa torch bearer for the Olympics. I usually but a new ornament if we/I go someplace special. I think the last one I bought was in Latvia.

I've been sketching but seem to not find the time to get the sketches uploaded here. This weekend is the big show/sale our plein air group does, so I've been trying to make sure I have everything I need for tomorrow. Will try to take a few photos so you can see what it is like.

7 - electric cables - watercolors and ink
8 - tree challenge (multiple shapes)

9 - nature - watercolors and ink (Yes, we had a little snow the other day.)

10 - makeup brush - watercolors and ink
11 - lipstick twisted open
Attached Images

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:31 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Wow, Joan! Great sketches. Good find for the cables and trees. I should get out and sketch our community. No baking here. Just lazy and procrastinating. I like your snow sketch. Not so cold looking. Fun makeup sketch, too.
Winston Churchill
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Everyone — I've missed you all these last few months, but have enjoyed your amazing sketches via Lurk Mode 👻

Ai — Thanks for a cool list — I'd hoped to sketch something for this event but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get anything done by tomorrow 😥

Your sketch stages of the woman in the vintage dress amaze me with their beauty and unique personality 🎨 Lovely, happy plant too 🌱

Joan — I love the active ambiance of your street scenes and roadside finds. Love them, and wish I could visit all of them ☀️And look at those faces 😊 Gorgeous painting of your Garden Club find — what colors 😄 🎨 Your sensitive portrayal of your sister's gift, with the beautiful base and its slender bands of connection with the translucent glass, made me think of the precious nature (with all its contrasts) of life itself 💕

I can't believe you found the time to do three more paintings and share them with us! 🎨 I can't pick a favorite because I love nature — and your portrayals of the trees and the forest-esque snow scene evoke such memories with their beauty 😍 But the thing is, your makeup table is so colorful and lively that I love it too 😀

Best wishes for your show, and I look forward to seeing your pics of it 🖼

Jo — Like others here, you amaze me with the amount of quality artwork you produce for these events!!! Lovely contrasts on Mary's blender, and fun dining pic 😊 Such nostalgic sketches of your tree and ornaments and nativity 🎄 — and that llama is adorable 😃 Lovely kitchen scene as well!

I got a bit misty-eyed reading about how your kids re-created childhood Christmas ornaments for you, and that your grandkids pitched in... truly what this season is about, no matter one's faith or beliefs 💞💛💝💙❤️

Joe, "Master of Graphite" — I love your graphite sketch of your ornament because it captures the spirit and determination of the Olympics with greater depth and strength than even the model itself in my opinion. Such a strong sketch ⚡️Thank you for sharing pics of your tree 🎄Your family and Jo's have such lovely holiday decorating!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:40 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Pine Cone, we miss you, too. Happy you are well enough to stop by and share your wisdom with us. :-) Thank you. Hope your holiday celebrations are full of love and family fun.
Winston Churchill
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Thanks so much Jo 😄

Everyone — I was looking at today's EPOD (Earth Picture of the Day) just now, and to me, it's particularly beautiful in a seasonally festive sort of way. If you want to take a look, here's a link:

https://epod.usra.edu/blog/2019/12/e...en-globes.html
I apologize if this off-topic post is offensive in any way to anybody. To me, so much of nature seems like incredible artistry — the artistry of life itself — but since I'm failing utterly at offering sketches lately, and since it's off topic, I understand if anyone wishes to request the removal of this post... 😌

Last edited by Pine Cone : 12-14-2019 at 03:46 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:54 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jo - Thanks. The snow looked so pretty and didn't last long. That's how I like it. lol Doing a little baking here between everything else. lol

Pine Cone - Thanks for your kind words. Great to see you! You've been missed. Thank you for posting that link...what wonderful photos of something so ordinary, but so artistically beautiful!

Last night after dinner I did a little baking. I figured I could get in a sketch for the day too.
12 - baking tool - watercolors and ink
13 - kitchen tool
14 - makes me smile (cookies)
Attached Images

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:58 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

As promised, here are a few photos of the show I am part of this weekend. Saturday is usually a slow day but we sold 3 paintings off the wall, two matted original piece (including on e of mine), as well as cards and tiles.
Attached Images

#24   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Joan —

I'm glad things turned out well at your show today 😂 Looking through all those paintings, I'm speechless... so much talent in that room, zowie!!! 🎨 ☀️

Will you be able to take more pics tomorrow? I hope so 🙏 as I can't think of a better way to live vicariously than by enjoying the artwork of you and your friends. It's a genuine pleasure — thanks so much for sharing! 😍 🐚

P.S. — Fantastic sketch of your cookies 🍪 but sob, I'm cookie-less at the moment and now I can't think of anything else 😁

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 07:34 PM

Hails from Spain

Hello everybody!

It's been a while since my last visit, a month or so, but I didn't even lurk, so it feels like a year. I host the next one so I will use it to wake up from my slumber.
Here is the link to the new list.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...7#post21709127

I took some time to look through this one and I am glad I did

Ai, great job on the woman with the dress, love the plant.

Joan T, amazing watercolors as always. Having seen those cookies I will have to take a snack before going to bed . Good luck for the show!!

Jo, super nice and fun decorations and great blender and cooking stuff!

Joe, another happy tree, great sketch as always!!

Pine Cone, it's great to see you back, hope you show us your sketches soon, but no pressure,...., well,....., perhaps a tiny bit, a nanodrop in your own words
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Thanks individuo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by individuo
Pine Cone .... a nanodrop in your own words

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 11:54 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by individuo
Pine Cone .... a nanodrop in your own words

Oh man, I just got it 😨

How on earth did you remember about those poor animals 😔 I've spent these last few months trying to block water-solubles out of my mind for all time and eternity.

But now they're back 🤕

They haunt me — The Pencils of Perdition — The Crayons of Chaos.

There's no escape 🤖

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Ai - wonderful little vintage skirt! Look at all those leaves on the plant!

Joan - love the face between the seats on the train. Oh! Pickle guys! So many greens in the decoration. Look at those lovely trees Oh - a makeup kit! Yay cookies! Low calorie for me - thanks Congrats on your show - looks lovely!

Jo - oh ho look at that blender! Oh yay a happy llama in the tree Woo hoo baking supplies

Joe - your santa looks like he needs skis on his feet!

Here's my contribution:

1. belt - ink on a toned paper around 5x8"

Cheers,
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Jo - your pen practice is definitely showing ..contour hatching no less. Nice work. Between this sketch and Joan’s cookies I am in the same boat with Pinecone. All I can think about is cookies.

Joan - how many greens do you have in your palette? The makeup composition is an interesting twist from your typical plain air posts. As I said to jo her baking items sketch and your cookies have me craving cookies. The art show looks great. Lots of talent. Congratulations on the sale!

PINECONE! I miss all our discussions as much as your art. Hope we get more of both.

EP - nice pen work on the belt. I got dizzy following the lines around

See you all in the next hunt. Hopefully I will be a more active participant.

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited by jmfletch : 12-15-2019 at 02:23 PM.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2019, 07:50 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Pine Cone, thanks for your comments. Sorry to tempt you with the cookies when you don't have any to sample.

Individuo, thank you!

EP, thanks so much. I love the sketch of the belt all coiled up...great idea!

Joe, thanks! I only have 3 greens on my palette but mix them with lots of the other colors.

Ai, thanks for hosting!

Will be heading over to the new hunt and printing out the list next. See you there.