WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 12:29 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ January 2020

Hi everyone! Fresh, hot coffee and a big, beautiful birthday cake for Kay!

Hi Kay, birthday girl! Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you've got your plans all set - how was that scrumptious-sounding steak? Sounds like a great choice to me. Thanks for your kind words about the Scratchboard thing.

Hi Jo. Thanks so much! I hope you're doing well, and that you get the urge to paint again soon. You do such beautiful work! I thoroughly enjoyed "Somebody's Doing Something Somewhere". Greg is, indeed, and incredible guitar player, and a great singer, too! Thanks for sharing that. I feel a little less guilty about my current lazy mood.

Hi Richard. It has been quiet around here, hasn't it? I blame the winter doldrums. It's pretty gray and dull and boring here in Wisconsin this time of year. Makes it hard to get excited about much. Hoping to get excited about making sculptures or something again...everything feels like a chore lately.

Hi to all the others lurking around here. I sit in an office that's currently half-painted...had to stop yesterday and take care of some of my art tax information and forms, so there's always something to trip up good intentions, it seems. I'm still working on a commission drawing, so I suppose I should get back to that. Have a great day, everyone! Enjoy your Sunday, and do something fun for yourselves.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 03:01 PM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

Huh? Did someone say something? Sorry! I'm hard of hearing, you'll have to speak up. Hahaha.

Well as for me, I been working 12 hour days plowing snow and treating ice so travelers are safe. When I'm not busy doing that, I'm remodeling a closet in my 120 year old farm house my great grandpappy built in 1900. First I had to move stuff out of the way that I haven't touched in over 20 years. Going through it seeing what's been destroyed by mice and is just trash. Then I'm insulating the walls and nailing up sheets of white board. Brightens up the room and makes the house warmer. A little, not a lot warmer. The closet is open to the attic so it is a cold mother SHUT YOUR MOUTH! LOL reminded me of the song from the 70s about Shaft with Richard Roundtree that they remade recently with Samuel L. Jackson. The song had a line in it saying he was a bad mother... Shut your mouth! Anyway I. Hope ya got a chuckle and not offended.

I finished my painting this morning for the January challenge, but didn't have time to make it smaller and share it. I snapped a pic of my studio in it's current state of sad condition I'll share here too.

Later! Happy painting!
Donald
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

It will get back to a less cluttered mess. Ya have to be gymnast just to get sat down without making anything fall. I miss plein air painting, my studio is outside and much prettier than my inside studio...

Donald
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 04:40 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Donald - those photos of the river are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them. What a great trip that was for you. I am seriously thinking about getting a canoe. I am getting tested Tuesday with regard to hernia. You give me hope. Cancer is scary.... Im glad it turned out ok for you, never thought gerd could cause so many other dangerous conditions. I am looking forward to eating something with some spice and flavor again! Sounds like you have a good remodel project to keep you busy and out of trouble!

I had a bit of fun today after church...running the 4 wheeler around on our remaining snow drifts. They are firm enough the atv doesnt sink down too far. And....believe it or not.....the wind is less than 20mph today...which is basically a calm day for us, HaHa! Feeling like I can enjoy life again!

Finally finished up another small 5 x 7 pastel for a show. I have to deliver all five pieces this week. Nothing like waiting for last minute. Now I can move onto other things I want to do, but havent been able because of getting ready for shows.

I need to go check out this song for procrastinators....

Hi to everyone, hope your having a great weekend

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My Website
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 10:18 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Ron,

Plastic canoes are the best imho. Almost indestructible, not as lite as Kevlar but not as expensive either. Aluminum is noisy and fiberglass breaks.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Donald. You sure do keep busy! Studio spaces are tough to keep clutter-free. Art requires so much stuff. I'm sure it will be a wonderful space soon!

Hi Ron. I sure hope you get good news at your doctor appointment tomorrow. Sounds like you had a great time 4-wheeling. They are such fun little machines! Good luck with your show! I hope you sell everything.

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2020, 11:53 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

In the 70s here yesterday and today and right now before 11 p.m. it is raining.

Oh Donald, my goodness, what a mess but you probably know where everything is...Yikes!

Best of luck Ron with your dr. appt. and with the show, too, sell out so you can pay the doctor...
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Kay,

I was going back through some emails I missed and saw you had a birthday. Happy Birthday!

Yup, my room is a mess. Some of the chaos will clear up after I get the insulation and white board in place and stuff moved back into my closet.

Donald
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 09:57 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Morning all. Brought some peanut butter cookies, plain old fashioned ones like my mom used to make. Good hot coffee, too.

I painted out on the porch when Mary was here and finished it up yesterday or the day before. Hard to keep track of time with no deadlines, ha. Not really southwest but it is in Texas. Out back off our porch with artistic license to leave out lots of trees.

Fishing Shack, Pastel on Pastelbord, 10 x 8 inches Hope you have a great artful day.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Jo Castillo : 01-29-2020 at 10:40 AM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 11:43 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Let's take some cookies a thermos of coffee and go fiishing!!!!
[b]
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Yummy PB cookies, my favorite of all, Jo! I was making these from scratch while in elementary school. Your pastel scene is luscious, too!
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Jo,

Looks South West to me. Love the colors, depth and details.

Donald
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 11:48 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Good morning everyone. I'll start my day be enjoying a cookie or two with some coffee - thanks Jo!

Hi Kay. I still think of you and your family so much after what happened earlier this month. I hope you're all hanging in there and that you're beginning to heal from that terrible tragedy.

Hi Donald. I can relate to your studio project...my office is much the same way right now. We've literally been reorganizing for the whole of January. Finally at the painting stage - one more coat on the back corner of the room and we can begin to reassemble the space. It feels so good to accomplish projects of this magnitude, doesn't it?

Hi Jo. I just love Fishing Shack! The colors are a delight for the eyes, and the composition is wonderful! It certainly does fit in here.

Hi Richard. I'm with you on that idea!

For those of you that pray, I would appreciate it if you would pray for my grandpa Jim. He fractured his hip last fall after a garage stool collapsed from under him. He didn't realize how serious it was, and his doctors didn't find the hairline fracture until much later, at which time the bone had begun to mend a little, so they felt he should just let it heal. However, it grew so painful, to the point last Sunday night that he needed to go to ER. He did end up having surgery yesterday to replace the damaged bone and help ease his pain. But the difficult news is that through this process, they've found cancer in his bone, and also likely in his kidneys. He's almost 86 years old, so we're still waiting to hear what any potential treatment could be. So please do pray for him, if you'd be so kind. Thank you, my friends.

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 01:48 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Prayers coming his way.
[b]
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 10:24 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

So sorry Jenna, to hear this about your grandpa Jim. It's likely the cancer caused the fracture and may have been there awhile and traveled to the kidneys. I'll keep him and you in our prayers.