Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #578, Mar 1- Mar 9

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    m50paul

Scavenger Hunt #578, Mar 1- Mar 9

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.*

food you like
        best Friend
        blue
        breakfast
        clothing
        cylinder
        firm
        fragile
        frustrating
        green
        happy
        large
        oval/circle
        past time
        red
        rough
        sad
        scary
        Seen in your city/town
        shinny

Challenge: Capture an item in motion

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

m50paul

Developing the list gives me a head start :)

1. Bathing suit — pencil
            2. Yellow — watercolor
            3. Red — watercolor

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Pine Cone

Paul — Great list, and great start to your event!!! Fun beach scene, very spontaneous! And both watercolors are lovely, including the interesting panes behind each. Nice sense of light on both!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Paul, thanks for the list. Another thinking man’s list. Hmmmm.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Paul – Thanks for the list. I really like how you played with the light in the watercolor backgrounds. Looks like there was not much to draw on the bathing suit. :lol: :lol:

For all of you with iPads who use or dabble in color pencil, you have to check out the free app named Arty. It is pretty neat and the price is right up my alley.

Keep sketching
                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Hi Paul, thanks for the new list.

Hunt lists usually have 26 items … is there anything you’d like to add to your list?

Woo hoo bathing suit and the items on the windowsill just glow :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Paul, I like the minimal swimsuit. I’m smiling. The back lighting is very good on the still life pair.

I sketched with my pastels this morning. Quick as it is baseball day and very cold for that. Will be about 52, the saving grace is that it is not supposed to be windy. I’m going, if it gets windy I will be coming home early.

On the recycled paper about 45 minutes start to finish with wiping and hunting objects.

Numbers 1 – 3, green, red, blue

Pine Cone

Jo — Lovely sketch. Your colors are wonderful — that lush red with the serene blue and vibrant green make me smile :) And I enjoyed exploring the highlights and reflections!

Pine Cone

item #1 – sad

a leather pouch made by, and sold to me by, local Native Americans[/color]

I tried to convey both sorrow for the pain and death the animal experienced, and gratitude for the respect for the animal, and its living beauty and continuing spirit, conveyed to me by the Native Americans that spoke with me during this purchase.

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil

Procreate app for the sketch and background.

Art Studio Pro app for the crop, border, downsize, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual acrylic and ink on virtual panel.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No digital filters or effects. No digital color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

Scattykat

…hi folks, thanks for the list Paul…
                                    1 best friend, tried to capture Nelly playing with an empty milk container. quick graphite in sketch book. About A5…

…grotty photo, :rolleyes:

…be back later to comment…:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Joan T

Paul – Thanks for the new list. I like your beach sketch as well as the apple and ball on the window ledge..

Jo – Nice vibrant colors in your sketch! Good darks and lights.

Pine Cone – Your leather pouch sounds like it is filled with special Native American vibes. Nice that you were able to talk to them about it.

Kat – Love the movement you show in the sketch of your doggie!!

1 – blue tarp – watercolors and ink
                                        2 – large barn
                                        3 – red boat
                                        4 – firm tree trunk – watercolors and ink
                                        5 – circle (lights) – watercolors and ink
                                        6 – rough stones on the building – watercolors and ink
                                        7 – green pine tree

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

m50paul

Pine cone: Thanks … nice take on sad, very well done..

Joe: Thanks That bathing suit was probably most conservative. Most were barely a string…:)

EP: Thanks

Jo: Beautiful sketch for red, green, and blue… Those colors are very beautiful :clap:

Skatty. Great sketch your best friend looks very playful

Joan: Thanks… love your watercolor sketches . All of them are so well done but I particularly like the red boat…..

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

m50paul

Skatty: I forget to mention that the motion you captured was excellent, great job :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Pine Cone

Pine Cone – Your leather pouch sounds like it is filled with special Native American vibes. Nice that you were able to talk to them about it.

Joan – It does have a lovely sensibility that doesn’t come from its visual look, which is very plain. Unembellished. And the people taught me so much that day. It was a long time ago, but I’ll never forget them.

Scatty – Go, go, go!!! What a fun capture of a playful moment 💙

Paul – Thanks much!

Joan again – Your paintings are wonderful! They keep drawing me back, especially the moodiness of #2 and the lovely home and scene of #4. Amazing work 😍

Pine Cone, a meaningful sketch of the bag. Nice work and story.

Scatty – What a fun playful sketch of Nelly.

Joan, your snowy sketches are super. Although, I am so happy not to be in it and just to look at it! I like the train tracks especially.

Thanks everyone, I did half a sketch at the gallery on Monday from a photo for the SW forum, so nada here. Maybe later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.